DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: DROID 2 Flyer: Rule the Empire with Iron Thumbs

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdroid86 View Post
    To call the droid 2 flagship is completely unprofessional. It has none of the features the x had and ive seen a better keyboard on an lg env...
    Actually it's not. The Droid 1 is the flagship phone. They are replacing it with the Droid 2, which is just a newer version of the Droid 1. While the Droid X has better points, So it wouldn't be unprofessional to replace teh flagship with the same phone.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    A flagship phone would have to be better then other phones in other companies including its own which the d1 and d2 are not.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    At the time Droid 1 was released, it was considered better. If the Droid 2's only only "flaws" are a smaller screen and no front-facing camera, that's honestly not enough to bump it down since only 2 other phones have the camera and maybe 5-8 phones have that bigger screen. And only one phone on the market right now (as far as i know) have both. You could also count the (possible) locked bootloader as a negative too, but Droid X has that too.
    Droid 1 was the flagship phone for this line, they are basically keeping it that way by putting out the same phone again but with some supposed suggestions implemented. Besides, what really set the Droid 1 apart were the numbers it posted from sales. If the Droid X beats it in sales after the first 100 days, then they may actually see it as the clear "winner" and change their minds. Until then, their marketing tactics have worked so far. It got us to buy their phones lol
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Id like tosee for myself where you got 100 days and your other info. If it was flagship material then why did they give the x a 8mp camera, hdmi out, 720p imaging, 8gb on board memory with 16gb pre installed?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid/3
    it looks a little misleading, it looks as if the droid 2's screen is just as big as the droid X's, unless there was a spec change that i didn't see
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid & Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1173 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1173 View Post

I see we need unlocked boot loader much better.
    By the way nice Camaro that is a late 80's right?
    Ya its a 1986 iroc-z28.
    Nice I have two a 1982 z28 and a 1987 Iroc-z28
    1979 Z28 here. bought new when I was 19
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdroid86 View Post
    Id like tosee for myself where you got 100 days and your other info. If it was flagship material then why did they give the x a 8mp camera, hdmi out, 720p imaging, 8gb on board memory with 16gb pre installed?
    My bad, it wasn't 100 days, it was 74 days....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...id-winner.html

And I can only assume they gave the Droid X the newest features because they wanted to compete with iPhone 4 (all they needed to do was give it a better antenna lol). The Droid has the 8GB of onboard storage as well. The 16GB card came installed on the original Droid, guess they decided to cut some costs on that and only ship an 8GB with the Droid 2 this time around.
    Why did they not give the Droid 2 all of this?? Prob because Droid 1 was a proven seller and they only addressed the complaints when making the Droid 2. VZW also figured that if people didn't want the Droid 2, they would have the Droid X or the Incredible to go with.

XMasterMoronX - Nah, the Droid 2's screen is still 3.7". But the pics make it look a lil bigger than that. VZW trying to mess with us lol
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I am curious about this
    I always use free wifi to play nds games
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Killer Droid X
    And the quetion is which one is better from all droid? I got myself Droid X, I'm exited but hope I don't regret it. In couple months we probably see another droid for 4g or another android phone 4g. Damn and i'm stuck with 2 year agreement, i feel like paying 350 and own it so by the time they release a 4g phone i would keep droid x maybe let mother use it and get a 4g android phone from verizon, fudge evo and sprint crappy service. For life!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Links