DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 464

Thread: Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

  1. Senior Droid
    JonDenver'sCopilot's Avatar
    Member #
    72369
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    158
    Phone
    Droid
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDenver'sCopilot View Post
    ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone - you talking out the side of your ass.I got lots of respect for these guys - your compliment, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.
    I really appreciate the compliment but at the same time you are talking out the side of your neck. You do not know, nor will know what I heard/read before I posted. You are merely repeating what you have heard others say about what is or is not present in the DroidX. Now that is settled.

    As far as how and why certain releases are picked and others are not, we do not have the time to spend going over it with you, FRG22 runs better than FRG01B, its smoother and faster, the drivers are the same but the underlying OS has been changed hence the build difference.

    How about you just don't flash it, and leave your negativity to another thread.

    Did I hurt your feelings? Wow.... lets move on because I don't think you really know what it is that is different in these builds at all P3...if you did you wouldn't have bothered to say it was the "underlying OS". The Source code used to build this is the same as the source for all 2.2 builds (and if you didn't know the source houses the underlying OS). The differences will be in the proprietary files that Motorola puts inside the drops and or changes to the kernel (which happens to be in the source). I'm NOT saying its not a faster build, I haven't tested either of them yet because I choose to compile my own from Cyanogen, CVPS, and DroidMod. What I AM saying is that a bigger number doesn't make a better faster build...it makes a LATER build. Simply putting out the highest build number and saying its the best is perpetrating a fraud to the rest of the community without some sort of standard of testing done on your part. Just saying its "smoother and faster" is so subjective and ridiculous if you are going by "feel" without some sort of benchmarking and posting results. I gave you a genuine compliment earlier, I do have respect for you and what you do....most of the time. Lets not get butt-hurt and say I'm talking out my ass though when I posts a legitimate comment concerning leaked builds. If Moto and VZW were going to release the best product then they probably did....and probably had a reason not to release FRG22. I am speculating though, maybe they will re-release froyo with the FRG22 build, but its doubtful in my mind.
  2. Master Droid
    brochaos's Avatar
    Member #
    18653
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Motorola Doid
    #32
    whats the build date in the build.prop file?
  3. Senior Droid
    CellZealot's Avatar
    Member #
    47431
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    220
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1, D2 dev, DX dev, D2WE dev
    #33
    I am the one who gets these files and releases them to P3Droid.

    We take care wherever necessary to protect the original sources at Motorola.

    Most people have no idea at all how these things come about and it's probably best that way, despite the disturbing lack of appreciation that results from that obscurity.

    Have fun with the files...
  4. Master Droid
    drpaul07's Avatar
    Member #
    94042
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    361
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    #34
    Did anyone actually receive an OTA 2.2 update to their droid yet? Maybe we should just wait and see what build it will be when its just pushed to someones phone instead of finding different builds on the google servers? I don't know..i probably know less than you guys about this stuff anyway lol..
  5. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,044
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #35
    Gentlemen lets not carried away in here over a silly build.

    Without causing a huge ruckus over this whole thing people do need to be made aware that a higher build does NOT necessarily mean a better, faster or more stable build.

    CellZealot and P3 were kind enough to share this build with the community so just enjoy it and please keep the bickering off the forums.
  6. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    I am the one who gets these files and releases them to P3Droid.

    We take care wherever necessary to protect the original sources at Motorola.

    Most people have no idea at all how these things come about and it's probably best that way, despite the disturbing lack of appreciation that results from that obscurity.

    Have fun with the files...
    CZ, what you provide to this community is awesome and greatly appreciated... but how can we not be extremely curious when, the same day as the "final" froyo release is out, another leak is released? It would be nice to know at least a little bit as to why that's the case, even if it's an extremely ambiguous answer!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Theme Developer
    carlz28's Avatar
    Member #
    42280
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    820
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #37
    Well despite some of the bickering going on here..
    I'll add in my results after flashing this leak.
    Haven't run any becnhmark tests. I feel these are unnecessary to the end user. If someone scores a 1700 and another scores a 1600 in Quadrant...is there really any human noticeable difference? IMO, no. Unless there is a DRASTIC difference..these numbers are merely something to brag about.
    Real-life experience is what matters.
    With that said....this leak runs very well on my phone. It is indeed smooth and snappy. Probably as snappy as some of the custom ROMs I've tried (including those built from source). But I think a lot of it is subjective. I agree that the 'latest' build isn't necessarily the best....simply the latest. Could it have improvements? Sure. But again, how it runs on YOUR phone is what matters.

    I definitely thank P3Droid and CellZealot (and any others involved) for all their contributions to our community. It keeps us on our toes.
    Looking forward to more as time comes!
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
  8. Senior Droid
    P3Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    150
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDenver'sCopilot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonDenver'sCopilot View Post
    ZOMG! Lol I really don't think anyone will notice a big difference between the builds. And there is always this possibility too, so please remember it. A later build number just means it was built after the released version. It is quite possible that they found issues with FRG22 that were not emerging in FRG01B (the earlier build). Since they are all built from the same source its safe to say its drivers that are different....and the released version may have the best set. P3Droid and MDW like to jump the gun on a lot of things without really knowing what they are digging into, like telling everyone that the droidx efuse was going to brick your devices if you hacked the phone - you talking out the side of your ass.I got lots of respect for these guys - your compliment, but I wonder at times like this if their newest release is really the latest and greatest.....or just the latest.
    I really appreciate the compliment but at the same time you are talking out the side of your neck. You do not know, nor will know what I heard/read before I posted. You are merely repeating what you have heard others say about what is or is not present in the DroidX. Now that is settled.

    As far as how and why certain releases are picked and others are not, we do not have the time to spend going over it with you, FRG22 runs better than FRG01B, its smoother and faster, the drivers are the same but the underlying OS has been changed hence the build difference.

    How about you just don't flash it, and leave your negativity to another thread.

    Did I hurt your feelings? Wow.... lets move on because I don't think you really know what it is that is different in these builds at all P3...if you did you wouldn't have bothered to say it was the "underlying OS". The Source code used to build this is the same as the source for all 2.2 builds (and if you didn't know the source houses the underlying OS). The differences will be in the proprietary files that Motorola puts inside the drops and or changes to the kernel (which happens to be in the source). I'm NOT saying its not a faster build, I haven't tested either of them yet because I choose to compile my own from Cyanogen, CVPS, and DroidMod. What I AM saying is that a bigger number doesn't make a better faster build...it makes a LATER build. Simply putting out the highest build number and saying its the best is perpetrating a fraud to the rest of the community without some sort of standard of testing done on your part. Just saying its "smoother and faster" is so subjective and ridiculous if you are going by "feel" without some sort of benchmarking and posting results. I gave you a genuine compliment earlier, I do have respect for you and what you do....most of the time. Lets not get butt-hurt and say I'm talking out my ass though when I posts a legitimate comment concerning leaked builds. If Moto and VZW were going to release the best product then they probably did....and probably had a reason not to release FRG22. I am speculating though, maybe they will re-release froyo with the FRG22 build, but its doubtful in my mind.
    This is not about being butt hurt I'm just correcting your statement. The drivers have not changed you could drop the drivers in from FRF57 and get this same functionality, trust me I have used drivers across builds.

    Have you built an Android OS from source? If so then you know that changes in the underlying OS make a great deal of difference in the performance of the ROM. When CM, Sapphire, or any other Rom is built for the droid they DO NOT build new drivers they copy the drivers from the moto build. What they do change is the source OS, the jave.c files, that changes the performance.
  9. Senior Droid
    P3Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    150
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CellZealot View Post
    I am the one who gets these files and releases them to P3Droid.

    We take care wherever necessary to protect the original sources at Motorola.

    Most people have no idea at all how these things come about and it's probably best that way, despite the disturbing lack of appreciation that results from that obscurity.

    Have fun with the files...
    CZ, what you provide to this community is awesome and greatly appreciated... but how can we not be extremely curious when, the same day as the "final" froyo release is out, another leak is released? It would be nice to know at least a little bit as to why that's the case, even if it's an extremely ambiguous answer!

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Truthfully, it was an attempt to keep us rooted users one step ahead. Non root received FRG01B - which we already had - and rooted users get FRG22.

    It is also intended for the themers and developers to have the newest to work with and to build off of, to help the community grow.

    That is the ultimate goal.
  10. Senior Droid
    P3Droid's Avatar
    Member #
    150
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    134
    Liked
    1 times
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Gentlemen lets not carried away in here over a silly build.

    Without causing a huge ruckus over this whole thing people do need to be made aware that a higher build does NOT necessarily mean a better, faster or more stable build.

    CellZealot and P3 were kind enough to share this build with the community so just enjoy it and please keep the bickering off the forums.
    I agree but the ruckus is not over that topic of if newer is better, cereal you remember BB when some of the builds were decidely worse, LOL. But the poster went beyond just stating that and therefore exceeded the bounds of the discussion in this thread. Enjoy moderating this thread.
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Official Droid X OTA Update Changelog leaked
    By wuyanks in forum Android News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:53 AM
  2. leaked update for Droid! from mydroidworld.
    By djh074 in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. Any Rooted Leaked 2.1 Get OTA release?
    By makitso in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 10:28 PM
  4. Leaked Droid 2.1 Update Bricking Phones?
    By Shadez in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
  5. 2.1 update 1 Rom leaked
    By krighton in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 06:59 AM

Search tags for this page

flash player for ls670
,

frg22

,
frg22 download
,
frg22 download for og droid
,
frg22 droid update
,
frg22 update
,
frg22 update.zip
,
last update for droid 1
,
og droid battery 20% then quickly 5% frg22
,
updating rooted droid 1
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+