DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member

Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

Update: 8/6 @11:00AM EST: Easy Root has been updated to root Android 2.2 on the DROID 1!

Well, we've gone through quite an emotional rollercoaster with that latest DMUpdater leak, which ended up not working too well for many users. But fret not, as another one-click root app hit the Market today, by the name of Easy Root.Easy Root is an application that provides a one-click root option for both the DROID 1 (Android 2.1 only) and DROID X. And once rooted, the app will be give you the options to install drocap2 (screenshot app), busybox, WiFi tether, and ROM Manager (ROM Manager works only for DROID 1). Then, from ROM Manager (DROID 1 only) you then can to install a custom recovery (either ClockworkMod or SPRecovery).

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult. Also, note that the dev community will release a properly rooted version of the OTA update minutes after the update starts hitting devices. So, what I'm saying, now is as good a time as any to root, and with such a simple app, why not give it a shot?

Easy Root now works with Android 2.1 and 2.2 for the DROID. Easy Root is now available for $0.99 on the Android Market, and has received good reviews thus far. Let us know if it worked for you.

QR Code for Easy Root:

Reminder, DroidForums.net is in no way responsible if you brick your device (Full disclaimer here). Be smart, check over the forums before you do anything. Search is your friend.

via Droid Life
    Check out Easy Root on Androlib
    Last edited by wuyanks; 08-06-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    verizon droid
    When i download rom manager on my droid x there's no listing for the droid x do i just set as droid so i can install 2.2
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rancid1 View Post
    When i download rom manager on my droid x there's no listing for the droid x do i just set as droid so i can install 2.2
    ROM Manager is not compatible with DROID X, because there is no custom ROM for the DROID X. sorry for the confusion. OP updated.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge (Root)
    I installed and ran this, but I have to wonder why it requires Bluetooth to be enabled when the app is running.

I hope I didn't make a mistake by running this, seeing as this has come up (found this AFTER I ran it... ugh...) Hackers Release Data-Stealing Program to Push Google to Plug Holes at Security Conference | Android Phone Fans
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult.
    The Droid 1 should always be rootable because the 2.01 stock sbf file exists and we know we can root Android 2.01 on the Droid 1.

These new tools definitely make things easier. Especially for those who don't have access to windows based computer, or any computer at all.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyXI View Post
    I installed and ran this, but I have to wonder why it requires Bluetooth to be enabled when the app is running.

I hope I didn't make a mistake by running this, seeing as this has come up (found this AFTER I ran it... ugh...) Hackers Release Data-Stealing Program to Push Google to Plug Holes at Security Conference | Android Phone Fans
    interesting find. this could be one of those apps, who knows...
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post

Considering that the Android 2.2 OTA is coming within the next couple days, now is a very important time to decide whether or not to root. We don't know if the 2.2 update will close the vulnerabilities that currently exist in Android 2.1 for the MOTO Droid, so rooting post-update may be difficult.
    The Droid 1 should always be rootable because the 2.01 stock sbf file exists and we know we can root Android 2.01 on the Droid 1.

These new tools definitely make things easier. Especially for those who don't have access to windows based computer, or any computer at all.
    true, but many people prefer not to mess with an SBF... too difficult/scary... etc
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Is it me or all the steps that go into rooting an android phone a lot more difficult that running a leaked update on the Blackberry platform? does this one click app bypass all the flashing and SPreco... and all this mumbo jumbo (im so lost when it comes to rooting and flashing and all this stuff, if you couldnt tell.)
    It was fun while it lasted but the Storm is over...
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hart.jordan View Post
    Is it me or all the steps that go into rooting an android phone a lot more difficult that running a leaked update on the Blackberry platform? does this one click app bypass all the flashing and SPreco... and all this mumbo jumbo (im so lost when it comes to rooting and flashing and all this stuff, if you couldnt tell.)
    this app does not flash SPRecovery. In order to do so, you will need to download/install ROM Manager after you root. From ROM Manager you will be able to install SPRecovery or ClockworkMod recovery.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So what do I do after downloading this? Do I have to install anything else? What about after I download this and want the official version can I still get it? Is the official one definitely coming out this week?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Links