DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Is the Official OTA Froyo FRG01B?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoodaddy View Post
    Im rooted but on the stock 2.1. Will I get the OTA update? Will there be any issues since Im rooted? I rooted primarily to wifi tether my ipad. It wont undo that functionality will it? I think there is wifi tether built-in to 2.2 but you have to pay for it. Sorry if this has been answered, dont have time to search around right now.
    Same here. I have Stock 2.1 but rooted. I'm on WiFi and can still get the update. But I want to wait till the 2.2 is officially rooted on the Droid (1)
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybarclay View Post
    stock 2.2 update for droid wont include any tethering Droid won't get hot spot feature with Froyo update | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs
    Tell me, what are some practical (or even just plain fun) uses for turning your android phone into a hot spot? Tethering, I understand, you can use your phone's internet connectivity on your laptop, but why a mobile hotspot? Simply to do the same thing on more than one laptop?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid
    well one thing you can with wifi hotspot do is conect it to devices that dont have usb ports like ipods and other things. usb tether wont work for me for some reason
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    With WiFi tethering you don't have to carry your USB cable with you. That's probably the most practical use for people who don't need/want to rely on their phone as a (if not the) primary source for internet.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have been waiting for this update for so long! I can't wait to get the update!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by technique View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybarclay View Post
    stock 2.2 update for droid wont include any tethering Droid won't get hot spot feature with Froyo update | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs
    Tell me, what are some practical (or even just plain fun) uses for turning your android phone into a hot spot? Tethering, I understand, you can use your phone's internet connectivity on your laptop, but why a mobile hotspot? Simply to do the same thing on more than one laptop?
    Here's a "real world" recent experience that I had. Was down at my mother-in-laws a few weeks ago and she has no Internet and lives in a valley where she barely gets good cell service. However, in a specific spot on her back porch, I can get almost full bars of 3G (go figure).

Anyways, I was able to set my Droid on a chair in that area, go in the house and sit at the dining room table and connect to the web. Really slick!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alkaholic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
    Well when all 3 of my current home screens are full and I don't feel like rooting it excites me to see were getting 2 more. Bluetooth voice dial doesn't matter to me cause I rarely use my Bluetooth headset
    Ah, my friend, if you haven't given any of the Home alternatives a shot you have been missing out in a big way...go install LauncherPro from the App Store right now, and you'll feel like you got your update a couple of days early. Best thing since sliced bread, you have to give it a try--up to seven screens, great features, and stable as can be. You don't have to be rooted, AND it will keep working through the upgrade so you won't be wasting your time.
    If I install it, and don't like it for some reason, will it uninstall and put everything back to the way it was?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Launcher pro? yea you can uninstall it like any other app if you don't like it
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Links