DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon begins sending customers early upgrade promotions

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Also, wondering if they have some agreement with RIM. I know a few others, like myself, who want to switch from BB to Android; all of use have new every two coming up before the end of the year, and not one of us have been offered an early out.
    Interesting points....I'm guessing VZW negotiates prices with mfrs on various issues, such as guaranteeing a minimum number of sales and as you point out, RIM also cares about the length of contract (although I doubt individuals matter - RIM would have server contracts with the company).

I'm not sure how the whole 3G to LTE conversion is working, but I have a suspicion that some of the motivation here is VZW pulling LTE customers forward and locking them into 3G for another year or two, which makes sense on a number of fronts. Plus, the rumored Q4/Q1 beasts coming are probably going to kill sales of existing handsets, so they could be trying to artificially stimulate demand a bit to hit promised sales targets.

My gut feeling is those of us hoping to get a shot at an early upgrade to LTE are going to be disappointed. By the way, leaving 3G unlimited and going tiered on LTE is another way to try to balance demand on the two networks.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr
    i wonder how long you have to have the phone to upgrade with this promo because the next upgrade on my account is dec. 2010.
    Moto Krave 2009
    Moto Droid march 2010
    Moto Droid X Dec. 2010
    HTC Droid Inc 2 Oct 2011
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I got my droid a week after release...I dont get an upgrade until July of 11
    Current Phone- Rezound...unlocked and perm-rooted!
    Recovery - RA-VIGOR-v3.1.3-getitnowmarketing
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    It all makes sense now. My phone broke 2 days ago, contacted VZW to see if I could magically upgrade 2 months early (Sept 24th upgrade date), and they said "yes, I'm special". Or something like that

That was yesterday though, so start asking and checking snail mail confirmations!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    i used a promo like this a while back to upgrade my BB Storm1 to my Droid.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I didn't get anything in the mail, but I did receive a text message that informed me I could upgrade early with the lowest possible price. So I called. Getting my Droid X for $99.00. Good deal in my opinion. The lowest price I have seen has been $179.00. I also got them to let me upgrade my wife early to the DX as well for $199. Thought I was special, but guess not. At least the VZW rep was nice!!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
    I didn't get anything in the mail, but I did receive a text message that informed me I could upgrade early with the lowest possible price. So I called. Getting my Droid X for $99.00. Good deal in my opinion. The lowest price I have seen has been $179.00. I also got them to let me upgrade my wife early to the DX as well for $199. Thought I was special, but guess not. At least the VZW rep was nice!!
    I was going to go into the store after work. Maybe I'll just try calling and see if I can get it that cheap too!
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Premium Member
    I think the ease in which you get a very early upgrade depends on which office your call gets routed to. My BB was due for upgrade in July 2011, and I was able to get an upgrade to a DROID on the first shot. A few weeks later I wanted to upgrade my son's non-smart phone to a DX. His upgrade was due for August 2011. I spoke to a rep in Indiana, whose supervisor told the rep it was too early, so no. I called back and got connected to a Chicago office; same result. I asked the rep how calls to Verizon get routed; he told me that calls to go random offices during busy times. I told him that I would simply keep calling back (and getting different offices) until I got one that would agree to let me upgrade. He laughed and said that is a strategy to try. Third time was a charm; DX should be on the way soon.

So, what I found is that the supervisors have huge lattitude to allow early upgrades, so call during a busy time, and keep trying until you find one that let's you do what you want.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    twitter.com/dragonfly1113
    Phone
    Droid 3
    i've never had issues with *611 and complaining about phones and getting upgrades did it for my wife, my mom, my bro and myself when all of us had over a year left on our contracts, now the past 3 days i been trying to call and noone wants to help me no matter what i say, getting kind of frustrating, the guy today told me they dont have the authority to do it however during my streak of having it happen they all had no problem doing it, funny how some people on here are finding it easy now i found it easy months ago, and now its hard as hell. hopefully next call i make i get a local office
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidS
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post
    I just switched from my BB storm to my Droid 1 on july 5th, and I got one of these in the mail yesterday. It basically tells me that I can upgrade to the Incredible, or X at the discounted price. I havent even had my droid for 30 day yet so I found that funny.

It also had my wifes phone, that isnt eligible until Feb of 2011, as able to upgrade.

I Might have to consider getting the X now.... I love the sbility to customize of my droid tho. Its a tough decision.
    I just don't get this. I've been a loyal customer of VZW for 11 years, and I've had my Droid since November, and our lines aren't eligible.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Links