DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 getting boxed at packaging facilties, should arrive by August 23rd

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member

Droid 2 getting boxed at packaging facilties, should arrive by August 23rd

Haven't had your fill of Droid 2 goodness? Well, Engadget just leaked some information it received from a Droid 2 packaging plant. According to the tipster, Verizon's scheduled August 23rd release date for the Droid 2 is right on target. Furthermore, expect the Droid 2 to be released with an 8gig microSD card (let's hope you snagged a 32gb card for $50 on Friday). Pricing was also leaked to be a not-so-shocking $199 on contract, and $599 off-contract.

The tipster was also kind enough to grab a few snapshots of the inside of the packaging facility. Clearly you can see devices on the assembly line, as well as cardboard cutouts, which perhaps will be part of the Droid 2's boxing.

So, who's planning on purchasing a Droid 2?

source Engadget
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid
    those look like the droid not droid 2.. the chin is there and its black.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Yup I agree, those screenshots are fake.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I don't really like the new color scheme of the Droid 2. And to be honest, there aren't that many improvements over the original Droid to justify a $200 purchase. I could just get an original Droid and overclock it to reach the same or better performance, and DLNA / redesigned keyboard aren't really deal makers for me.

As a prospective new Verizon customer, I'm stuck between the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Droid 2. Right now I'm leaning toward Droid Incredible. I'd get the original Droid but I want to be able to get Gingerbread in October, and the Dinc qualifies.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGS4 w/ Root
    Quote Originally Posted by mottling View Post
    I don't really like the new color scheme of the Droid 2. And to be honest, there aren't that many improvements over the original Droid to justify a $200 purchase. I could just get an original Droid and overclock it to reach the same or better performance, and DLNA / redesigned keyboard aren't really deal makers for me.

As a prospective new Verizon customer, I'm stuck between the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Droid 2. Right now I'm leaning toward Droid Incredible. I'd get the original Droid but I want to be able to get Gingerbread in October, and the Dinc qualifies.
    So does the droid 1, rumor debunked by google. I say go incredible, but that's just my opinion based on being a rooter and liking roms.

I'm waiting for the first LTE handsets and then I'm adding a line to get one.
    Android has come a long way since my OG Droid on 2.2
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

look

OK take a look at the top picture of the three! That is a pic of the screens of the phone! Is anyone else noticing any type of beveled edge? I'm seeing what looks like the original droid not the droid 2!
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Regardless if the pics are real or not, the Droid 2 is definately coming and all I have to say is *8gb card, what can you even fit on that. I guess since they are locking bootladers they figure we don't need that much storage for themes, roms and backups. I am not planning on getting the D2 I am wiating out my NE2 and seeing what kind of LTE products are available, but I am still glad I grabbed one of those $50.00 32gb micro SD's on Friday

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsabr View Post

So does the droid 1, rumor debunked by google. I say go incredible, but that's just my opinion based on being a rooter and liking roms.

I'm waiting for the first LTE handsets and then I'm adding a line to get one.
    I've also considered waiting for an LTE handset, but that won't be until 2011, and LTE won't be in my area until 2013.

When did Google say the Droid 1 would be getting Gingerbread?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

i agree completely the droid doesnt look tht good to begin with
    and the D2 looks like even more crap
    Droid Eris.......... 5/10
    Blackberry.......... 2/10
    iPhone..........
    Droid.......... Doesnt Even Break A Sweat
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by NYZ93 View Post

i agree completely the droid doesnt look tht good to begin with
    and the D2 looks like even more crap
    The moto blue color is not attractive.

I wonder if they'll be offering a cheaper upgrade price a la iPhone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links