DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Verizon Droid X inventories becoming depleted

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsdroidx View Post
    i walked into a verizon store on Long island N.Y. around 1pm and got my droid x. No lines or wait. in and out in 10 minutes with my droid x. If it matters i had the motorola droid so i didnt have to create new accounts or anything else.
    i live on long island, what store did you hit up?

I work at a "major retailer" in the cell phone department and when i opened the store thursday we had about 20 droid x's but all of them were preordered. by the end of my shift all were picked up.

was good cuz it brought a good amount of attention into the store looking for the phone. i set up a bunch of people with droids and incredibles that day since we ran out of X's. i drive my manager nuts cuz i love to tell guys my age about rooting and **** and ive actually had some people come back and show me they rooted it or ask if they did it right lol
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just finished my 5th call to find out a status on my phone with Verizon.

To sum it up, the ordering servers crashed due to the number of orders they were receiving. This caused my order not to appear that it was processed until about 10:00 am on the 15th, even though I have an e-mail as proof that my order was placed at that time, along with a PDF of my order, that has a time stamp on it at 2:33 am.

They have refused to do anything, offer me any type of compensation for the problems that have been caused, and have implied that I am on back order status.

They have talked down to me, and treated me as a number (which I know I am), and don't even seem concerned with any of the problems, like the fact that the servers crashed and they weren't able to process the orders in the order that they were received. They implied that there was a black out of the ordering from 2:30 am - 6:00 am and anyone that ordered their phone online during that time wasn't processed until after 10:00 am.

I asked to speak with a supervisor so I can at least receive the smoke blown up my *** by someone that is making more money than I do, but two representatives gave me the run around with that, and one told me that there is nothing that a supervisor will do for me.

I have been with Verizon for many years, and one of the reasons why I want the Droid X is so I can prove to my company that Android can do everything that we need the iPhone to do and more, but as it looks right now they are not going to get the business contract from my company (only about 150 employees), because right now I have nothing positive to say about Verizon excluding two customer service representatives.

Anyone else that is still waiting on a status, I wish you luck with getting information from them. Or at least a straight answer, which even at this point I don't have any straight answers from them. I don't even know if I am classified on the back order status, or when I will be receiving my phone. I have been given three different answers, one of them implied that it would most likely be at least August 1st.

I guess right now I am going to have to practice my patience, because it doesn't look like I am going to have a droid in my hand anytime in the near future.

Good luck to all.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Introvert - Call them an ask for a $25 concession for your troubles. I used those exact words and got the results as stated in my previous post. I stated that it was not MY FAULT that their system messed up when I ordered on time and that it would be good business practice to offer me (a long, good, and high paying [$256/month] customer) something. And they did, call them, a CSR has the capability to give you at least $25 is not maybe more - just be nice and calm, its not the CSR's fault that the system got overloaded.

Now for my news. I just got off of the phone with Verizon on another unrelated issue and when that was resolved I asked about the order status of my phone. He stated that my payment was received on the 15th (funny how their money grubbing system didn't screw that one up) but that my order was processed on the 16th!!!! Over 24 hours after I placed the order! He however was unable to tell me when my phone would ship as all he could see was the current status of the X which is now July 27th. He told me to go with the aforementioned date to ship (July 23rd) that I was given by a previous CSR was able to view the status at that time.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Pre Plus / Droid X
    Same story here. I was chaged at 3am on the 15th but my order was not processed until the 16th, more then 36 hours later. Anyway, I got my tracking number today, sunday, around 4 pm. I got overnight shipping and it says I will get my phone on the 20th. BUT, the tracking number still says they don't actually have my package, and it's 10pm already. We will see what happens.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Glad that you actually have that much! lol Still no tracking number for me ...
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I picked up mine on Friday in Natick, MA. Got the last one the store had. There were a few people in line behind me who were asking for them.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well today i decided that i was gonna go find my a droid x ... sucess! I was able to get it through a private dealer, they had one left. After 5 minutes of being in the store a guy came in asking if they had anymore, mopr at least no in the store. The manager made a phone call to her central office and 30 minutes later he had a droid x as well.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod X
    Got a delivery from FedEx which I am assuming is my Droid X since I have not ordered anything else. Unfortunatly I was not here and have to wait for redelivery. :/
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Pre Plus / Droid X
    So, it looks like I'll be getting my first Droid X tomorrow. I ordered my Droid at 1am on the 15th, with over night shipping, and i'll be getting it on the 20th. Over night my ass! If Motorola/Verizon ever want sell am many phones as Apple/AT&T at one time, they have to step up their game.

They couldn't handle 50k orders in 48 hours while their direct competitors did 10 TIMES am much in the same time frame. SHAME!!!

Anyway. My second Droid which I ordered Friday evening probably wont come in until Friday or following Monday.

And for those waiting to get the phone, Verizon actually has these in stock, but they are just taking their sweet time shipping them. That's all. They shipped my Droid X on Sunday and it was in the FedEx system since this morning.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Links