DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Summer Catalog Leaks! Droid 2 Unofficially Now "Official"

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member

Verizon Summer Catalog Leaks! Droid 2 Unofficially Now "Official"

Boy Genius Report just got its hands on the Verizon Wireless 2010 Summer Catalog. And surprisingly, the Droid 2 is showing its face "officially" for the first time, as it has found its way onto the "Devices" page! Of course, the cover only had room for its big brother, the Droid X, but it is great to finally see the Droid 2 made "official" by Verizon Wireless. Besides that, there really are no other surprises in the Summer Catalog. The "technical specs" page lists the exact specs we have expected (and confirmed?) for quite a long time: 1Ghz CPU, 5MP camera (no 720p capture), slide-out QWERTY, 8GB ROM/512MB RAM, 8GB SDcard, and 3G Mobile Hotspot. There is no mention of its version of Android, but we suspect that by the time it launches (latest rumors have it at the end of August), it will be running FroYo.

Curiously absent from the Summer Guide is the Samsung Fascinate (a.k.a. Galaxy S). We wonder, has the Fascinate been put on hold by Verizon, in order to showcase the new Droids? Considering T-Mobile and AT&T are both releasing their variant of the Galaxy S in a matter of days, I'd hope that Verizon Wireless follows suit shortly thereafter. But in the name of branding and profitability, it does make sense to delay the non-Droid Fascinate, at least until the new Droids have run their course.

Another interesting item to note, on the "Applications" page, you will find a large "Bing" logo. Has Verizon finally begun to fulfill its contract with Microsoft to have Bing Search and Maps pre-installed on all its latest smartphones? We already heard that the Fascinate will be Bing-driven, but what about the Droid X, Droid 2, and others? Only time will tell. Side note: The Droid X will likely not have Bing as default, considering the already-shipped Droid X devices are absent of Bing.

Finally, the "Plans and Pricing" page seems unchanged, to the relief of some. Unlimited Data pricing remains at $29.99/mo.

Is there anything noteworthy from the Summer Guide that we missed, or something in particular the peaked your interest? Let us know!

Source: BGR
    Check out the full Summer Guide here
    Last edited by wuyanks; 07-13-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Wonder what the specs will be compared to the DroidX. I personally am not fond of a physical keyboard so I am still going to get a DroidX. Hopefully with this release, those who were thinking of getting a DriodX but want a physical keyboard will wait. Maybe there won't be a suppy shortage.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    Wonder what the specs will be compared to the DroidX. I personally am not fond of a physical keyboard so I am still going to get a DroidX. Hopefully with this release, those who were thinking of getting a DriodX but want a physical keyboard will wait. Maybe there won't be a suppy shortage.

"Thanks to the Summer / Fall catalog, we do have some confirmed specifications on the Motorola Droid 2: 8GB memory card preinstalled, 5 megapixel camera, 3G Mobile Hotspot functionality, and 1GHz CPU."
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Glad I am set on the DroidX. I am really into the 8 megapixel camera. My wife and I are having our 2nd baby in October. I like having a camera on me at all times for that reason. I can never find the camera at home when i need it, and after finding it, the moment has passed.

Thanks too for the info.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well here's hoping vanilla Froyo an unlocked bootloader and easy root otherwise Motorola will have screwed the pooch on this one too. Typical freakin moto though. Release one winner and then screw up the rest. When will they ever learn!?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

"Thanks to the Summer / Fall catalog, we do have some confirmed specifications on the Motorola Droid 2: 8GB memory card preinstalled, 5 megapixel camera, 3G Mobile Hotspot functionality, and 1GHz CPU."
    This isn't a big enough jump over the Moto Droid for me to get excited about, especially if they lock the boot loader.

Am I missing something?
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    OP edited, with some good information. Enjoy
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No Fascinate. I wonder if it is because they are showcasing the Droid X and Droid 2 or if they are making Samsung lock down the Fascinate? Ohh there's a conspiracy theory for ya!
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Top left corner of Droid 2, what is that I'm seeing???? Is it a camera or something?????
  11. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabox View Post
    Top left corner of Droid 2, what is that I'm seeing???? Is it a camera or something?????
    To me, looks like a Notification LED.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links