DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1Password app arrives on Android Market

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member

1Password app arrives on Android Market

1Password, the password management utility made famous on the Mac, is now available on the Android Market! Android 2.1 is required. You will need to manually copy the data over to the phone, however, as there is no automatic sync option available between your smartphone and Mac (instructions here).

There is also a beta version for Windows available here.

Now I never tried the software, and I would be a bit hesitant to save all my passwords in one location, as this could be a treasure trove for snoopers or hackers. However, the software has been highly rated by many reputable tech journals, from CNET to Macword Magazine (testimonials here). CNET goes as far as to say that "1Password is the best software available to keep your logins secure."

And to top it all off, 1Password for Android is free! (by contrast, Mac version costs $39.99). Check out the screenshots below for a sneak peak at what to expect:

Has anyone here used 1Password? What are your impressions of the service, and will you be using this on your Android handset?

via Android Central
    source Agile Web Solutions

Direct link to Market here
    Last edited by wuyanks; 07-06-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I just tried it out. It seems that this app is not standalone - you HAVE to have the mac or windows version to create the initial password file. Without the password file, the app won't load past the initial error screen. I don't use mac or windows, but I was hoping to have a trustworthy mobile storage of passwords without needing a mac or windows PC.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Oh..its not standalone? Wack.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Oh..its not standalone? Wack.
    The screenshots make it look like it will work by itself - perhaps that's only once you load the password file. But then you still have to keep that file synchronized manually - if you add a password to the mobile one you have to copy that file over to the PC or vice versa.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the responses. It looks like the Windows beta is free. Maybe someone can test the app with that version?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I've been a long-time user of the 1Password app on my mac system. I have really liked it and it's worked well. I used the iphone app when it came out and, after a few issues, it worked well. I downloaded the new android app onto my droid and it fails to open. It immediately force closes. I tried it again today and had the same results.

Jim
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Thumbs down

I just tested the 1Password. You need to enter the password files onto the Mac or PC, then transfer the files manually to the SD card. You will then have access to your passwords on the droid. However, you cannot edit any password nor to create a new one the phone.
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shahr View Post
    I just tested the 1Password. You need to enter the password files onto the Mac or PC, then transfer the files manually to the SD card. You will then have access to your passwords on the droid. However, you cannot edit any password nor to create a new one the phone.
    rather limited, eh? if you're a paying customer, i would complain to the company. i don't see why you can't edit or add new ones on your phone...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    SPH-L710
    This the type of app that will become popular if it works and then some hacker would glee just knowing he can get access to user's personal information. I'd rather pass on this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    What's wrong with KeePass?
    -Matt
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links