DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Motorola Droid Is Still The King Of Android

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member

The Motorola Droid Is Still The King Of Android

The Motorola Droid Is Still The King Of Android

06. Jul, 2010 written by Zealot | MobilitySite.com

Well, apparently this WAS the Droid you were looking for.

Nearly a year after it’s high profile release, the Motorola Droid is still the most popular Android phone on the market despite a lot of stiff competition. Despite being released back in November of 2009 (ancient history in the smartphone game) The Droid has 21 percent of the Android Market as of May. This is followed by the HTC Hero with 16 percent and the HTC Magic with 10 percent.

Bringing up the rear? The Nexus One with only 2 percent.

Of course there are lots of strong challengers that weren’t released when this study was made, including theEVO 4G, the Droid 2 and the Droid X so none of these phones should get too comfy. Despite holding the number one individual spot however, Motorola is still second place over all in the Android Market with 30 percent total. HTC is number one with 53 percent overall. However, all may change very very soon.

To see the full breakdown, check out the cool graphs after the jump

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    It's not really that surprising. The droid X, Evo, and Droid 2 were all the next gen phones and they aren't included. The Droid Incredible had production issues, and the Nexus one wasn't subsidized. Either way, the Droid has some real staying power.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by clucernoni View Post
    It's not really that surprising. The droid X, Evo, and Droid 2 were all the next gen phones and they aren't included. The Droid Incredible had production issues, and the Nexus one wasn't subsidized. Either way, the Droid has some real staying power.
    I agree, although there's a lot of new phones coming out, I'll still be sitting with my Motorola Droid too. Personally, those 4.3 in screens are huge, i'm fine with mines. :P
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    The Droid X and the Evo will probably be the next two top phones, or they may not even outrun the Droid. They may either be 2nd or 3rd, the first on the top list.

The Nexus One in my option, didn't sell a lot, because of it's look, lol. To me, it looks like cheap plastic or like they took some $5 off-the-street" cell phone case and put some hardware in it...
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I woulda thought the Eris woulda been higher than that since it came out right along side the Droid.

I might just keep my Droid now, even if I get the X. Its gonna go down in history....lol
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I woulda thought the Eris woulda been higher than that since it came out right along side the Droid.

I might just keep my Droid now, even if I get the X. Its gonna go down in history....lol
    definitely keep the Droid, no matter what phone you move to
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    With 2 year contract lock-ins you'd have to be an idiot or a hopeless neophile to continuously go chasing after the latest-greatest-obsolete-the-day-after-it's-released smartphone, IMHO.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    With 2 year contract lock-ins you'd have to be an idiot or a hopeless neophile to continuously go chasing after the latest-greatest-obsolete-the-day-after-it's-released smartphone, IMHO.
    Exactly. With Verizon's early 175 dollar early termination fee and the cost of the Droid X, you looking at a big lump of cash.

If I decide to get the Droid X, that's a big if(not a fan of virtual keyboard), I'd use my mum's upgrade which would only cost $20
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftLegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    Exactly. With Verizon's early 175 dollar early termination fee and the cost of the Droid X, you looking at a big lump of cash.

If I decide to get the Droid X, that's a big if(not a fan of virtual keyboard), I'd use my mum's upgrade which would only cost $20
    You don't terminate when you upgrade, you just pay full retail price if you don't have an expired contract...
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's the crazy part. The droid is still a fresh, very capable phone. I am extremely happy with it... I'm just a hopeless techie with some money to burn. Also, I bought the droid on ebay, the last upgrade I got was a BB storm. That was a terrible decision.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links