Samsung has been the center of quite the buzz for the past week or so, ever since the announcements of its Galaxy S line on each of the four major US carriers. Although the Galaxy S may be a top-of-the-line smartphone now, of course something must be in the works for the next generation. But maybe it's too soon to have a leak already. Or not.
Just as we've heard with HTC's super-secret next-gen phone, and Motorola's hypothetical '2ghz' phone, Samsung seems to be preparing a beast of its own. Let me introduce to you the Samsung Galaxy S2 (i900).
Equipped with a 2ghz processor (maybe dual-core), 4.3" 1280x720 AMOLED 2 Display, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth 3.0, Gyroscope, and an 8MP camera with "full HD", this surely will be an amazing device, if it ever surfaces. The rumor is that we should expect to see the Galaxy S2 early in 2011. Hopefully it will be 4G capable, and on all 4 carriers, like its predecessor, the Galaxy S.
Here is the full list of proposed specs:
- 4.3” 1280x720px Super AMOLED 2 display
- 2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM/4GB ROM
- 32GB of built-in flash memory, +32GB microSD card slot
- 8 mpx camera with FullHD video recording
- A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3.5mm audiojack
- accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and ambient light sensors
The new Samsung Galaxy i9200 should run on Android 3.0 OS.