DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

I've often found myself asking why I should bother ordering my phone from a third party source. I prefer to order right from Verizon that way there are no hassles or hold-ups... but lately it seems that even Verizon can't keep items in stock and the lines at my local store are WAY too long.

With the Droid X, it appears that Best Buy is coming in to the rescue. They are going to give you some really good incentives to order from them. What might they be? Well, how about the fact that you won't need to do Verizon's $100 mail-in rebate, instead enjoying the phone for the $199.99 price without having to jump through that hoopla.

The best news? Best Buy Pre-Orders start today... so get to ordering! If you order with Best Buy please let us know in this thread so we have an idea of how many DF'ers will be upgrading to the X.

Edit: Don't forget, you may be eligible for an early upgrade, check out this thread for more information: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...promotion.html

Here's Best Buy's full press release on the situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Best Buy Press Release on Droid X
    Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile have truly become the leading destination this summer for all your mobile smartphone needs from HTC EVO 4G from Sprint to the iPhone 4 on AT&T to the upcoming DROID X on Verizon. Enthusiasts of the Android platform can be the first to reserve a copy of the new Verizon DROID X by Motorola today at Best Buy. The pre-sale begins June 25 and the smartphone will land in stores on July 15.

"With the buzz we've seen around the Android platform, Best Buy is confident that consumers will be thrilled about the Verizon DROID X by Motorola pre-sale," said Scott Anderson, senior director of merchandising at Best Buy Mobile. "It has been a great summer for smartphones with the HTC EVO and iPhone 4 launches, and the addition of the DROID X adds another strong option for our customers to consider."

The Verizon DROID X by Motorola features Google's Android 2.1 operating system, 4.3-inch screen and 720P HD video recording and playback. Android 2.2 will arrive to customers on the DROID X later this summer. The DROID X is available at Best Buy for $199.99 with 2-year activation, with no mail-in rebate hassle.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X & XOOM
    Dont see it on their site yet. I will be pre ordering.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I'll get it from Big Red and walk my rebate receipt over to customer service where they will apply it to my account as they always have.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I bought my Droid from BB and only had to pay $99 while Verizon was charging $299. I'll be using BB from now on. Sadly, no X for me though.
    Bugless Beast v1.0 Overclocked to 1 Ghz and lovin it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate
    That is excellent! I'm thinking the Droid X is for me as I really don't need the qwerty and it'll be coming out just as my AT&T contract expires. Yeah! Thanks for the info.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    But I don't need a new phone. I just got this in November you see, and I can wait until September when my new every two rolls around. Really, I can wait.

I mean I wouldn't mind investigating the Droid X. Perhaps a nice Admin will purchase one for his hard working mods to experiment with and better help our fellow forum members.

hint. hint.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'm buying my own

I can't resist.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    I'll get it from Big Red and walk my rebate receipt over to customer service where they will apply it to my account as they always have.
    I find it easiest to do it all online. Mine will be $150 with NE2 discount. FedEx free overnight and free return if no likey.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    I find it easiest to do it all online. Mine will be $150 with NE2 discount. FedEx free overnight and free return if no likey.
    My corp store let's me sneak in with the employees
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    If I'll lose my phone within the first 30 days of a new contract and Asurion will give me a new one , can I return the one that Asurion gave me in the first 30 days to quit the contract ?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Links