DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by illoosionz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by him View Post
    Thought balance was 200 so 150 + ur gift card
    +1

Since BB does not guarentee your preorder (read fine print) they have to sell you something to take your money so they put your name on the list of preorders so that they call you as stock comes in. Your $50 "deposit" is put onto the gift card so that they technically sold you something and can count the revenue.

so when you go back in you can either pay $200 or you can use your gift card to lower the amount to $150. your choice.
    They told me that the $50 deposit is not refundable if i decide to cancel my pre-order. They did say that you are not guaranteed a phone during release, but i figured 5 pre-orders best buy has got to get more than 5 on release date per store.

That is because they do not return gift cards. You must use them. BB is pretty good about fulfilling all preorders. I have yet to hear of someone not getting their preorder on release day.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by illoosionz View Post
    +1

Since BB does not guarentee your preorder (read fine print) they have to sell you something to take your money so they put your name on the list of preorders so that they call you as stock comes in. Your $50 "deposit" is put onto the gift card so that they technically sold you something and can count the revenue.

so when you go back in you can either pay $200 or you can use your gift card to lower the amount to $150. your choice.
    They told me that the $50 deposit is not refundable if i decide to cancel my pre-order. They did say that you are not guaranteed a phone during release, but i figured 5 pre-orders best buy has got to get more than 5 on release date per store.

That is because they do not return gift cards. You must use them. BB is pretty good about fulfilling all preorders. I have yet to hear of someone not getting their preorder on release day.

Thanks that makes me feel a little bit better...i hate electronics i always cant wait for it..lol.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Could be worse. You could be me with an affection for electronics, motorcycles, cars, and fishtanks. All of my hobbies cost me an arm and a leg.

Hell the $2-600 a year for phone is nothing compared to even just the tires for my motorcycles. HA HA
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I believe you can purchase from Costco on the 15th and not worry about the rebate either. Additionally you should get a case and a car charger for free.
    That's my plan at the moment.
  5. him
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Could be worse. You could be me with an affection for electronics, motorcycles, cars, and fishtanks. All of my hobbies cost me an arm and a leg.

Hell the $2-600 a year for phone is nothing compared to even just the tires for my motorcycles. HA HA
    Yeah when i ride the back roads on the busa i get about 4K out of a rear and 6 out of a front before im replacing...
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Warner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fis View Post
    Didn't anybody learn from the Incredible? Don't pre-order. Wait until Wirefly launches it at midnight the 14th.
    Why? What advantages are there to ordering from Wirefly?

Warner
    Well, I know that on the Motorola Droid launch day, I printed out a Wirefly ad from Sears Wireless that had the Droid at $150, and took it to Best Buy and had them price match it. They looked at the Sears website and thought it was B&M pricing. So... wheee

I did call ahead and make sure that they would honor it, got the name of the guy and everything. You never know with these things, it varies from store to store, person to person. For example, I've had certain Best Buys honor Amazon/Newegg prices, but only after trying a few different stores.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Dare
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacman54 View Post
    I seem to be the first one that preordered at the store.
    Pre-order does not guarantee you a device....Read the fine print.

I don't really care if I get phone on launch day (I just didn't want to do the rebate with VZW). I've been stuck with my LG Dare for the past 2 years. I think I can wait another couple of days. Besides I was going to get the DI, but seems like I have a better shot getting the X.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Links