DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

  1. Junior Droid
    bemymonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    27887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (O2.de)
    #71
    Oh and... wtf? Stupid forum swallowed my paragraph break (yeap, I had one in there!), and my edit button seems to be missing. Who screwed up?
  2. Senior Droid
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Member #
    80613
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Triad, NC
    Posts
    138
    Phone
    A855 Droid
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
    Oh and... wtf? Stupid forum swallowed my paragraph break (yeap, I had one in there!), and my edit button seems to be missing. Who screwed up?
    You can't edit in the news section but mods can if you please.
    Galaxy Nexus VZW/LTE 4.0.4 stock locked

    OG Droid - RETIRED
    SS 5.6
  3. Junior Droid
    bemymonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    27887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (O2.de)
    #73
    Ah. Did the mods take my line breaks too?

    Testing.

    Line.

    Breaks.

  4. Droid Newbie
    beafdefx's Avatar
    Member #
    87952
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #74
    I'll encode my stuff before I want to watch it. It's part of my "routine". I queue up stuff ahead of time so there's always something to watch without waiting.

    It's not uncommon in many cities to have public transportation commutes of 1 hour or more and if you want to watch video the whole time, you might be pressed to have your phone last that long at 100% CPU usage. And if you're busy, you can't always count on having your charger and an outlet handy. :-(
  5. Junior Droid
    bemymonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    27887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (O2.de)
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by beafdefx View Post
    I'll encode my stuff before I want to watch it. It's part of my "routine". I queue up stuff ahead of time so there's always something to watch without waiting.

    It's not uncommon in many cities to have public transportation commutes of 1 hour or more and if you want to watch video the whole time, you might be pressed to have your phone last that long at 100% CPU usage. And if you're busy, you can't always count on having your charger and an outlet handy. :-(
    An hour isn't much of a problem with Rockplayer. My overclocked Milestone will handle that with buttery smoothness with ~70-80% battery life left. 3 or 4 hours? Now that might be more difficult, and I usually keep the screen brightness as low as I can bear
  6. Droid
    Im_Gumby's Avatar
    Member #
    50760
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    Droid
    #76
    Thanks! My previously ripped MP4s weren't playing after upgrading to Froyo, but this solved the problem! (I suspect a missing codec)
  7. Droid Sensei
    JhankG's Avatar
    Member #
    250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Phone
    Droid X
    #77
    Although this app worked perfectly on my Droid, it is having a lot of trouble on the X. Anyone else experiencing this?
  8. Junior Droid
    bemymonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    27887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (O2.de)
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Although this app worked perfectly on my Droid, it is having a lot of trouble on the X. Anyone else experiencing this?
    They probably not only crippled the bootloader, but also inserted a "feature" that makes all third-party software run at 20% speed


    JK .. What sort of problems are you having?
  9. Droid Sensei
    JhankG's Avatar
    Member #
    250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Phone
    Droid X
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Although this app worked perfectly on my Droid, it is having a lot of trouble on the X. Anyone else experiencing this?
    They probably not only crippled the bootloader, but also inserted a "feature" that makes all third-party software run at 20% speed


    JK .. What sort of problems are you having?
    Haha, let's hope not! I actually realized that the movie that was playing so badly was a 1080p rip. I tried a different video and it played very well. Looks like it was related to how the first movie was encoded.
  10. Junior Droid
    bemymonkey's Avatar
    Member #
    27887
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone (O2.de)
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Haha, let's hope not! I actually realized that the movie that was playing so badly was a 1080p rip. I tried a different video and it played very well. Looks like it was related to how the first movie was encoded.
    LOL, ok, then it's not surprising that it didn't work all too well

    480p should be fine... 720p would be very, very very impressive
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New RockPlayer DIVX player and more
    By GoBlazers in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. Sweeter Home UPDATED public Beta is out!!
    By Corinacakes in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
  3. [Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!
    By JonKyu in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 01:22 AM
  4. Droids galore
    By STVA in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
  5. SweeterHome Public Beta 2 [Images Inside]
    By ipawd1 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 03:18 PM

Search tags for this page

avi droid x
,

droid rockplayer

,

droid x avi

,
droid x avi support
,
rockplayer
,

rockplayer beta

,
rockplayer beta download
,

rockplayer download

,

rockplayer droid

,
rockplayer for droid
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+