DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    Is it safe to say the Droid X far exceeds the Droid 2 in specs?

My wife wants an Android phone and doesn't care about keyboard. X or 2?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Great video...

And I accept your apology for the video quality
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    Not really. They are very similar/close in specs. Surely, the X has a bigger screen, but it's the same resolution (as the current Droid and the Droid 2) and not everyone wants to carry around such a large phone. An HDMI port and a higher MP camera are about the only thing that separate the two, and like the screen, it's really a matter of preference/need.
    You know your wife better than me, so it really comes down to whether you think she would be comfortable carrying a very large phone (in the Droid X). Most women I know wouldn't.

Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    We need D2 leaks now!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by misterSelf View Post
    Not really. They are very similar/close in specs. Surely, the X has a bigger screen, but it's the same resolution (as the current Droid and the Droid 2) and not everyone wants to carry around such a large phone. An HDMI port and a higher MP camera are about the only thing that separate the two, and like the screen, it's really a matter of preference/need.
    You know your wife better than me, so it really comes down to whether you think she would be comfortable carrying a very large phone (in the Droid X). Most women I know wouldn't.

Thanks!! Speed of the processors are very important to me. When I buy a pc I get the fastest processor available and everything else is added on as necessary. I think these phones are pretty much mini PCs. I already notice my original Droid is getting sluggish.

Lastly, one major problem I have with the original Droid is there is no "spell checking, word predicting" with the hard keyboard. Does the Droid 2 have this> I use the HTC download which works about 80% of the time. Can get a little frustrating when you don't have time to reset your text or email to get word prediction. My wife won't indulge in such tech challenges. It's gotta be stock and always working or the thing will get tossed in the garbage.

Anyone know?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Ok...so can someone give a definitive response - is there really a Droid 2 and will it come out anytime soon? I am very interested in switching to Verizon. And I am very interested in the Droid but in the leaks I have seen much prefer what I saw in the Droid 2 keyboard that I am willing to wait for it if it really will surface on the market...

Can anyone give some more info? Nothing was asked or revealed at the press conference on June 23. I am a little stunned not one reporter asked about droid 2.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    lol....I know every one was so caught up on X madness they all forgot about the Droid 2. Or maybe they were asked to only focus on the X.

But its very real, just look at the orig post. Maybe its getting released later, maybe it will get released the same time as the X and its just getting downplayed, I dont really know.

But it is a real phone.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    lol....I know every one was so caught up on X madness they all forgot about the Droid 2. Or maybe they were asked to only focus on the X.

But its very real, just look at the orig post. Maybe its getting released later, maybe it will get released the same time as the X and its just getting downplayed, I dont really know.

But it is a real phone.
    Thanks for the response. Some websites were suggesting that the Droid 2 was maybe not supposed to ever be for public eyes...or it wasn't mentioned b/c it was scrapped and X is all we'll see. I hope not. I really like the Droid, but think the Droid 2 that's been leaked has a much better one...I have keyboard issues ...I had the Iphone and dumped it before I could type lame on it. I can't stand a touch screen only keyboard. I like the best of both worlds...
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    The Droid 2 will become the Droid Irrelevant if the rumors on the Droid Pro are anywhere close to being true. Oh wait, the Droid 2 is already irrelevant.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnnisace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post

But it is a real phone.
    Thanks for the response. Some websites were suggesting that the Droid 2 was maybe not supposed to ever be for public eyes...or it wasn't mentioned b/c it was scrapped and X is all we'll see. I hope not. I really like the Droid, but think the Droid 2 that's been leaked has a much better one...I have keyboard issues ...I had the Iphone and dumped it before I could type lame on it. I can't stand a touch screen only keyboard. I like the best of both worlds...
    Well.....I havent that before.....interesting....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links