DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid Incredible closed out

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    the inc is not discontinued and is not going to be any sooner than the moto droid, most likely after I suspect. this whole issue was started because of a change with the packaging and addition of an sd card in the package with the device that required a new sku hence discontinuing the old sku
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by OhBeeWan View Post
    Sorry Kristoff, you're full of, um, your opinion
    Knowing the design trade-offs that went into the Moto Droid development I must say you're easily satisfied. The Moto Droid is indeed, crap-tacular. It doubles as a paper weight by the way.
    Speaking from a design standpoint, the metal backing used in the Moto Droid was done to make up for weakness in the slider. It's way too heavy and lots of design ideas got tossed just to make sure clumsy fingered users wouldn't snap the screen off. The Inc is a very clean design (no need for metal backing) and provides a much more consistent UI than Moto's Droid does. I know one of Moto's UI developers and even he says the buttons (hardware and on-screen) behave inconsistently. Kristoff, I (and many others it seems) prefer the Inc; are you feeling insecure because you're sporting a paper weight/cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by kristoff125 View Post
    How about all the problems the phones have been plagued with?
    The inc spies on your browser history, taking screenshots and saving them in a way a factory reset won't remove.
    The evo falls apart, and the inc and evo are both very unresponsive at the top half.
    We all forgot that the N1 is not meant to be kept in the pocket or the screen might just get a nice spiderweb crack in it?
    Moto rocks the OMAP, HTC loves the crapdragon.
    Moto is quality, HTC is high tech crap. That's why moto has "fanboys" we just like quality.
    Yougot me, I just wish my phone was made with plastic and had a crappy "sense UI" from a horrible company, figured me all out.
    Also, I wish my phone randomly took screenshots of my browsing history, and was unresponsive on the top half, I just don't like quality, and am upset I got a moto instead of an HTC.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchi View Post
    the inc is not discontinued and is not going to be any sooner than the moto droid, most likely after I suspect. this whole issue was started because of a change with the packaging and addition of an sd card in the package with the device that required a new sku hence discontinuing the old sku
    ^^^ THIS.....
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    That's a shame, all HTC phones should be discontinued =(.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    That's a shame, all HTC phones should be discontinued =(.
    i had the moto droid since launch in '09 and I have the incredible now since launch and i am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there, ya. I find it superior in every way to my moto. i would not switch back for anything. but thats not what this thread is about so back to the quote at the top of this post, yep.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible

C'mon

Get real and give up sarcasm; you're bad at it.
    You just feel envious 'cause you're sporting 4 y.o. technology; it's a paperweight, but otherwise a so-so device.
    If you want to step off your talking points bandwagon we might have a great discussion, but when all you've got are snide remarks, and half-assed 'facts' well get nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OhBeeWan View Post
    Sorry Kristoff, you're full of, um, your opinion
    Knowing the design trade-offs that went into the Moto Droid development I must say you're easily satisfied. The Moto Droid is indeed, crap-tacular. It doubles as a paper weight by the way.
    Speaking from a design standpoint, the metal backing used in the Moto Droid was done to make up for weakness in the slider. It's way too heavy and lots of design ideas got tossed just to make sure clumsy fingered users wouldn't snap the screen off. The Inc is a very clean design (no need for metal backing) and provides a much more consistent UI than Moto's Droid does. I know one of Moto's UI developers and even he says the buttons (hardware and on-screen) behave inconsistently. Kristoff, I (and many others it seems) prefer the Inc; are you feeling insecure because you're sporting a paper weight/cell phone?

How about all the problems the phones have been plagued with?
    The inc spies on your browser history, taking screenshots and saving them in a way a factory reset won't remove.
    The evo falls apart, and the inc and evo are both very unresponsive at the top half.
    We all forgot that the N1 is not meant to be kept in the pocket or the screen might just get a nice spiderweb crack in it?
    Moto rocks the OMAP, HTC loves the crapdragon.
    Moto is quality, HTC is high tech crap. That's why moto has "fanboys" we just like quality.
    Yougot me, I just wish my phone was made with plastic and had a crappy "sense UI" from a horrible company, figured me all out.
    Also, I wish my phone randomly took screenshots of my browsing history, and was unresponsive on the top half, I just don't like quality, and am upset I got a moto instead of an HTC.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    It seems a bit more reasonable to compare the Inc to the new Moto X instead of the original Droid. The Droid has been out for a long time now and has a keyboard. Based on the early reviews, the X is very sold, well built, and lacking that "plasticy" feel that some HTC phones are known for. Either way, it's good to have options. I will be choosing the X over the Inc, but again, that's based solely on my personal preferences. I want my phones to knock someone out if I throw it at them. Moto FTW!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible FroYo
    Wow! This forum is pretty divided, very sad. All the Apple fanboys are eating popcorn enjoying this crap going on.
    It's like the Team Jacob vs Team other guy I don't know, I've never read the books or watched those movies, anyway you know what I mean.
    I'm on team Incredible/HTC because anything made in the USA breaks.
  9. Johnly
    Quote Originally Posted by zMd113 View Post
    Wow! This forum is pretty divided, very sad. All the Apple fanboys are eating popcorn enjoying this crap going on.
    It's like the Team Jacob vs Team other guy I don't know, I've never read the books or watched those movies, anyway you know what I mean.
    nuff said......
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by zMd113 View Post
    Cant we all just be one big android family?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Links