DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid Incredible closed out

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Folks, the Inc is NOT being discontinued. You folks actually believed this? Some of you that appear to have fallen for this have posted sensible things in the past.... too much beer has clouded your thinking, perhaps?

Two tidbits:

1. Samsung screwed HTC over, since Samsung allocated their production capacity for the super OLED on their new devices. All manufacturers that use OLED have also been screwed. Suppies are just not being caught up, but there is a shipping lag to fill channels back up.

2. Verizon moved up the Motorola devices due to the shortage, since there is a HUGE gap now in the product segment and Verizon did not want to take a chance if another delay happened. Verizon pulled the trigger early and Motorola was MORE than happy to oblige.

Even so, the Inc will be a main device and has sold more than people may realize- in splite of the shortages.

Seriously, you all believed the Inc is already cut? Not a good plan for ROI if it were true. Jeesh.
    Let it be cut, it's worthless next to the new droids.
    AT&T: A 3G network so good, we had to sue Verizon for making factual statements about it.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    IF Moto woulda made a regular size slate phone, I could maybe see your point. Everybody doesnt want a phone that big, and everybody doesnt want a physical keyboard.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    IF Moto woulda made a regular size slate phone, I could maybe see your point. Everybody doesnt want a phone that big, and everybody doesnt want a physical keyboard.
    I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately the way phones are made is by what <50% of the public want. They are not worried about what the minority thinks. Personally, i would love to have a 5" screen. The larger the better. I have large hands so the size (at least for me) is not an issue.

The droid X looks awesome and i would love to have it but i know later this year the dual cores will be out. May just go ahead and get the Droid X and then use my wife's upgrade for the next one and pass the X on to her. We'll see
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus
    I don't know why anyone connected to verizons networks would be making anymore 3g devices when 4g is right around the corner. The incredible closeout doesn't surprise me either. With so many prime considering buying out of their contacts to pick up an evo...you don't see them doing that for an incredible.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus
    Why can't I edit my posts? Sometimes swype makes me sound illiterate...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
    I don't know why anyone connected to verizons networks would be making anymore 3g devices when 4g is right around the corner. The incredible closeout doesn't surprise me either. With so many prime considering buying out of their contacts to pick up an evo...you don't see them doing that for an incredible.
    Well Verizon's 4G is at least 3 years away from covering the U.S. with AT&T taking even longer. Also, 4G will be data-only at first, not voice. 3G will be dominate for the next few years even in the GSM (HSDPA) front.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidGenius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
    Well Verizon's 4G is at least 3 years away from covering the U.S. with AT&T taking even longer. Also, 4G will be data-only at first, not voice. 3G will be dominate for the next few years even in the GSM (HSDPA) front.
    And LTE will not be available everywhere when it does launch.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X and the Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedust View Post

True. Moto Droids rule big red. Cheap, plastic Incredible with a unusable screen is an embarrassment for Android. Cut it!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by accellpo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedust View Post

True. Moto Droids rule big red. Cheap, plastic Incredible with a unusable screen is an embarrassment for Android. Cut it!
    Am I the only one who hasn't had a single issue with my DI? Maybe it's because I came from blackberry and I'm excited to have a phone work right for a change. I don't know. This is the first smart phone I haven't wanted to put in the wood chipper. I don't even care about root because it works so well.
    - Oliver
    VZW + Incredible = Win

Goodbye Failberry
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    Omg MOTO fanbois...now I remember why I quit participating in these forums. Damn knuckle heads everywhere!
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links