DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon likely to implement tiered data plans later this year

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    as the article states, the average user uses 600-800mb per month. so i guess many of us on this forum are in the minority who use more than that
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I stream a lot of music and videos and use tethering a lot so if this comes to be, and the prices are unreasonable, than I guarantee come next march, I will not be renewing my contract.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    hmm... 1,146MB so far this month (dunno if today is included or not) - my month ends on the 23rd. This is due to Pandora I'm willing to bet - maybe a few other small things, maybe... I could see potentially paying $20-$30 for a 5-8GB cap - I don't like the idea...but since this month I haven't used my Wireless internet with my phone (3g only), i think mine will definitely drop. As for the tethering debate, that would be a situation of "only if i need my interwebz" - for me
    "Never look where you are going, always look where you want to go."

Galaxy Nexus

ICSourcery - It's Delicious Ice Cream Magic
    My Gimpy OG Droid is now officially a glorified alarm clock / potential media player (running Sourcery)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Don't know about you...but when I signed a 2yr contract with verizon it was to include unlimited data package...now if they want to all of the sudden piss backwards and not honor what was agreed upon...what legal legs do we as exsisting users actually have?

This is similar to moving into a house/apartment and agreeing in writing to 600.00 a month for 24 months...then after a few go by they decide to renegotiate w/out listening or even considering your input...

Verizon should tread VERY easy w/customers who's accts are coming to the end of their contracts...they could and probably will lose customers over GREED!

Yes Verizon is the biggest/baddest out there...however there are also several competitors that are more than willing to welcome new customers for less $$$
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Hmm im currently 10 days into my billing and used ~1GBand they have been a SLOW 10 days. so if this is what verizon decides to do i guess sprint here i come!!.

Whatever happened to the good ole days of providers. i started with cellular one and LOVED there service, it was cheap, fast (for the time) and truly unlimited. I think i was paying $60 for unlimited everything. they sold out and i went to alltel... same story, loved the service and the price granted they were a little slower to adopt new phones but by the time they did they were rock solid (with the exception of the razer). Now im with big V i gotta say the coverage is the best i have ever had but the bill is ALMOST doubled what i was used to. so like i said if needed i will jump to sprint but i really dont want it to come to that.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible FroYo
    I've almost used 1 GB since last Tuesday, Verison better honor their side of this 2 year contract or I'll pay my way out and go elsewhere. They can nickle and dime anyone they want but they'll honor our contract or they will lose customers left and right. And they better not slow down the speed at which I surf the web either.
    Bull crap...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i think you all making a bigger deal then it should be they would have to legally stay with the contract that you signed if not they breeched it and you would be free to go

also what happened to using wifi im sure alot of you have it why not use wifi when your home

its faster for one (i assume)
    it may drain your battery a little more but your at home use your charger
    and it would cut down your data usage by alot i assume

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible FroYo
    Well I live in the sticks so I have no WiFi, that's the main reason I wanted a smartphone.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Nexus
    There is really no real rationale for the tier data plan for the amount of usage. For example, we all pay the same price for our high speed internet connection right? So I am assuming that there are people who just download tons of stuff on their computer "hogging bandwidth" and then there are those that just check their emails. So the next step is to regulate that also? I know that high speed internet have tiers on "Speed" whether is just normal high speed to T1 connection to business class. I understand that. I want more speed so i will pay more for the right to 'hog' data line. But to say I have to pay more base on usage but the same 'speed' as everyone else is nonsense. its like say you have unlimited mobile to mobile minutes but some 'few' people are just yapping away burning those mins up while others use 10 mins/month. its unfair to the person who only use 10 mins,no? There are to many 'poor is me its unfair that i have to pay so much when i dont use it' mentality. AT&T states that 95% of their users are using less then 200 MB a month. ONLY 5% of their users are over that. Im sure the break down of that 5% consist of 1-2% thats is using Gigs of data. This is telling me that its not the users that are putting a 'strain' on their system since 1-2% are burning data up, its AT&T lack of infrastructure or an excuse they use to just cover their butts and bullied their customers around. Companies are in business to make money as most effective as they can. They are not doing the tier to help out the people who are using less. They are doing the tier to attract people who are using less to say hey not a bad idea. I should switch and save $5-$10. AT&T will make more on the 2 yrs contract of those new sign up. thats my .02 cents. Have a good weekend.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post
    This makes sense, especially given the tethering "problem". It will force heavy tether users to pay for what they're using. Whether we like it or not, it's really the only way for the carriers to control usage while keeping the cost structure fair for the average and heavy users.
    yeah but we are paying for an "unlimited" plan. using a lot of bandwidth is not a problem. its geting what you are paying for.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links