DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release

As we all know Google has been releasing Android updates at an extremely fast pace. Long gone are the days in the cell phone industry where updates seem to happen once a year or worse.... Google has released two major updates in a 6 month period and shows no signs of slowing down. The biggest area that Google is going to improve upon in the next release seems to be in the user experience department.

What can we expect from that? Well, our hope is that Google is able to find a ton of small areas to make things more streamlined and intuitive. Why make something take 5 steps if you can do it in 3 without overloading the user with a ton of choices or buttons?

There are a million ways to improve the user experience and Google only needs to find the most glaring to make a huge impact on your daily use.

Source: Google's Android team focused on user experience for next release - Android Forum

3. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    I agree.. Their are so many small things, that we all have adjusted to, that would make a world of difference if changed. The swipe to answer being just one .. I think we are all going to be pleased when we see the final product
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    froy ota pleeeeeeeeeeaaassse????
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This is good news. Didnt google hire a guy that worked on palms web OS... I think we will be seeing some big things coming.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    In my fantasy land, Verizon has the 2GHz phone at the end of the year, it comes with Gingerbread, and the Palm guy has already worked his magic with a sexy new UI. Shut up, it can happen!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    God I love Android! I don't even have Froyo yet and now I'm thinking about Gingebread!

I will say the one thing I truly love about my Moto Droid is vanilla Android. Do a lot of you Droid users out there plan to keep your phone for the long haul? I mean...is there really a need for hardware update? Other than the obvious added features lol... but is my Droid going to slow down by the time Gingerbread comes out? I'm a stock user BTW..!

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Go Google...Go Google.....This is what I like to hear.

Why make something take 5 steps if you can do it in 3 without overloading the user with a ton of choices or buttons?
    Exactly. I know most of yall hate the manufacture's UI's but I was reading about the TouchWiz for the Samsung Galaxy S. In Contacts, a left swipe opens a text message addressed to the contact, a right swipe called that contact. Thats nice if u ask me.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingjessica View Post
    In my fantasy land, Verizon has the 2GHz phone at the end of the year, it comes with Gingerbread, and the Palm guy has already worked his magic with a sexy new UI. Shut up, it can happen!
    The palm guy kinda scares me. I tried a palm pre, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to open a single menu in the five minutes I was playing with the device. I have the same problem with iOS. I am addicted to the menu button.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

The most glaring issue that needs to be fixed...

I am running Froyo Simply Stunning 4.0 and I am loving it. I will say, it seems a little laggy for my taste, but that may be my high expectations.

I believe the FIRST thing Google should fix is the phone - bluetooth issue - Not being able to dial from bluetooth is a fundamental phone issue. This is after all a phone, and not being able to use the bluetooth dial feature is rediculous in my opinion...
    Droid Razr
    Official OTA ICS...
    Rooted...
    Lovig it...
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Quote Originally Posted by dagrainger View Post
    I am running Froyo Simply Stunning 4.0 and I am loving it. I will say, it seems a little laggy for my taste, but that may be my high expectations.

I believe the FIRST thing Google should fix is the phone - bluetooth issue - Not being able to dial from bluetooth is a fundamental phone issue. This is after all a phone, and not being able to use the bluetooth dial feature is rediculous in my opinion...
    Running froyo, you should know that bluetooth dialing does work now. If it isn't, something is wrong with your phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links