I used the file in the OP to update my baseband and a few things I'll note:
1. *22899 is money. I'll be using that regardless of what phone I'm activating from now on.
2. My signal strength was -88 to -89 dBm before AND after the update.
3. I haven't noticed any real difference yet, for the all of 5 minutes I've had the update, but I assume it's just a minor update. I bet I will get a very slight, but probably unnoticeable increase in signal quality.
I just did this. It worked perfectly. It said something about a new phone from an old, but I pressed 1 like usual, and it went right through, no ssn or phone number. I have a slight signal improvement(3 bars, now 4).
Getting 2Mbps download which is up from ~1.7Mbps down before this baseband update. My upload speeds stayed around the same at .6-.7Mbps. I was using speedtest.net app for these readings. What is everyone else getting?
With this new baseband I am getting 1985kbps download and 866kbps upload. For 3G that is really fast. I miss my themed roms, but Froyo is lightning fast.
It definitely seemed to help, here's my results for signal strength and speed tests. The pre test was about 15-20 minutes before the post test using the same severs in sayreville,nj. An average of four tests was taken as the final result. Either way thanks a lot guys!
Signal strength before (v3p): -67 to -69 dbm, three bars
1135.75 kbps down/ 734.5 kbps up
Signal strength after: -64 to -76 dbm, five bars to start now at four
1606 kbps down/699.75 up
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3