DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qualcomm's Dual-CPU Snapdragon CPU

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    The stock speeds will be amazing overclock crazy. Let's just hope they built some wiggle room so we can get some crazy speeds
    Upgrade now or wait hmm that's the question
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid-->Droid Bionic-->S4
    I'm wondering if over heating is going to be an issue. I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Hell as much as I want to see one in a Smartphone I'd like to see what the dual core can do with and Android Pad. Having that run 1080P on a 11" display would be nice on the eyes for videos.

I think by the time I get around to upgrading my Moto Droid I can probably get a phone with a dual core in it.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    hopefully these will be in a decent amount of phones come next year when I might upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by g8gt2012 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by him View Post
    Damn....was going to get the new droid but i guess ill wait until this chip comes out...

This just starts a long time of waiting and never buying. The PC market is exactly the same, I bought brand new stuff for my build and a month later I was already old news haha. Eventually you just have to buy and be happy, because the tech will kick a** regardless.
    Isnt that the truth, I remember I ordered a motherboard once and it was backordered, once I finally got it the damn thing was obsolete already!
    Your motherboard is FAR from obsolete. Obsolete would be a socket 1 motherboard that uses ISA components. Last computer i built, I built right when the Intel Core2 came out. Is it obsolete? Heck no, still kicks butt on hardware intensive games. But is it obsolete? (as long as PCI-E is still the standard, it won't be)
    Four wheels moves the body, but two moves the soul.

As this is a VERY busy forum, if you have direct questions to me your best bet for me to respond is to send me a PM
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerjo View Post
    hopefully these will be in a decent amount of phones come next year when I might upgrade.

This just starts a long time of waiting and never buying. The PC market is exactly the same, I bought brand new stuff for my build and a month later I was already old news haha. Eventually you just have to buy and be happy, because the tech will kick a** regardless.
    Isnt that the truth, I remember I ordered a motherboard once and it was backordered, once I finally got it the damn thing was obsolete already!
    Your motherboard is FAR from obsolete. Obsolete would be a socket 1 motherboard that uses ISA components. Last computer i built, I built right when the Intel Core2 came out. Is it obsolete? Heck no, still kicks butt on hardware intensive games. But is it obsolete? (as long as PCI-E is still the standard, it won't be)
    Right, it takes awhile for something to become truly obsolete, I was just saying that my PC was old in terms of what the new tech was. But it was only a month or so old, by know means obsolete. I mean graphics cards get outdated about every other month or so now it seems. But that doesn't mean that the old ones are worthless.

So just be happy with what you get because regardless of what you get, it will be beat in a short amount of time. Just be happy with it.

Just wanted to clarify a little haha. Besides I personally think that a dual core CPU in a phone is a little ridiculous I can understand wanting it and all, but its borderline cheap laptop territory haha.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am just curious as to whether or not these new Qualcomm parts are still based on their "Scorpion" Cortex A-8 cores or are they Cortex A-9? That's the only thing the announcement has not made clear and there is no information anywhere on the interwebs that gives specifics.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    ^Exactly. Its like Mission Impossible finding out ANY detailed info on Snapdragons, old or new. Makes one wonder.....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerjo View Post

Right, it takes awhile for something to become truly obsolete, I was just saying that my PC was old in terms of what the new tech was. But it was only a month or so old, by know means obsolete. I mean graphics cards get outdated about every other month or so now it seems. But that doesn't mean that the old ones are worthless.

So just be happy with what you get because regardless of what you get, it will be beat in a short amount of time. Just be happy with it.

Just wanted to clarify a little haha. Besides I personally think that a dual core CPU in a phone is a little ridiculous I can understand wanting it and all, but its borderline cheap laptop territory haha.
    I guess the word I was looking for was "outdated", it was an older motherboard to begin with and this was a few years back.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Krish View Post
    wow dual-core. I'm guessing the overclock speeds will be amazing with that kind of power under the hood.
    It would be pretty pointless to overclock a dual core snapdragon CPU.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    well these should have made their way into phones by the time im ready to retire my Inc! sweetness!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krish View Post
    wow dual-core. I'm guessing the overclock speeds will be amazing with that kind of power under the hood.
    It would be pretty pointless to overclock a dual core snapdragon CPU.
    Wheres the fun in leaving it alone? ;D
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links