DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Motorola Droid Shadow Benchmarked?!

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Motorola Droid Shadow Benchmarked?!

News/Rumors/Information for the next Verizon Droid aka the Motorola Shadow seem to be leaking almost every day. The newest bit comes from a member on Howard Forums. While running the benchmarking software Quadrant, he noticed that a new device appears in the list of phones. Behold the Shadow MB810, believed to be the next Droid coming to Verizon the first week of July. The Android OS version wasn't listed, so that could play a big role in the performance of the test. However, if it was done with Android 2.1, look out! We may have a big winner on our hands. The initial comparison shows to be very impressive beating out almost every other device listed. To verify the results, we ran a few tests this morning with a stock Motorola Droid and overclocked at 800mhz.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris to D1 to DX to Tbolt.
    I saw this last night. I ran my Moto Droid overclocked at 1200mhz and was at 690 and it was eanked under the galaxy S. I look forward to the release of the New Moto Shadow or Droid 2, but I think that neither of these phones will have the rooting capabilities like the Moto Droid or Nexus 1. Those 2 phones will remain the flagship models and all others will have Sense or Motoblur on top of the Android OS. That does not mean that future phones will not be far superior with all of their upgrades. I just think that the original models will be more customizable.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's great news, I'm hoping to get the shadow when it comes out
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    his bad boy has to be running 2.2 but i still want it did my droid last night 1.2 w/jit was above the galaxy
    Upgrade now or wait hmm that's the question
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure at this point that it's running 2.2. The Shadow is supposed to be running a slightly upgraded version of the current Droid's processor... mostly just a bump in clockspeed. If you scale the droid to 720MHz (the Shadow's estimated clockspeed) and imagine it running 2.2, it would appear to line up almost exactly with what the graph shows Shadow at.

Then again, this is all speculation, so it's very possible for me to be wrong... but still, makes perfect sense to me with my current knowledge.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Slightly upgraded? I heard it was the OMAP3630. There's a youtube video out there comparing the 3630 to the 3430. The 3430 got SMOKED.

I think it's much more than a slight upgrade.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    If you're talking about this video:

Then I'd say that yes, it is a "slight" upgrade. If you listen closely, the 3430 is running at 600MHz and the 3630 is running at 1GHz. The benchmark I see in this video is mostly doing stuff with the graphics core... which, admittedly is upgraded a bit more than "slightly" ... this is probably what enables the shadow to output HDMI video at 720p.

But otherwise, the processor core which is tested in the benchmark above appears to be mostly unchanged. Higher clockspeeds seem possible because it's built on 45nm vs 65nm our Droids are... so maybe we'll see 1.5GHz (optimistically 1.8GHz! ) overclocked Shadows? (Please note, this is pure speculation... it's entirely possible it won't clock much higher at all).

Links