DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Apple Lost It's Cool

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Wait, Apple had "cool"?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    There still has yet to be a SINGLE Android device to knock the iPhone off it's throne.

Thats what I want to see : )
    And who will be this one phone to rule them all?

The Droid 2.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by TekHawk View Post
    I would not like to see a single phone take to much of the market share for Android though it would almost need to happen to knock the Apple fan boys off their ours is still better boxs
    Android is going to soon dominate the market and will do so without one phone that stands out way above the rest. However, you could say the Droid is that phone right now, it just won't happen. With the Android system, there is a phone and build to cater to your individual needs. With Apple, you buy the device and conform to what it allows. Sure, there are a lot of apps for the Apple Store (and there truly are, and the quality is much better) but the ability to customize the Android system to have it meet your needs will blow the doors off this competition.

This time 1 year ago, nobody knew what the Android platform was, and now its outselling the iPhone, a good system that has had a 2 year head start on the market. The fact that Apple is actually losing this battle this early in the game speaks volumes to just how superior the Android platform is. Developers are starting to take notice as well.

Unless Apple opens up its interface and stops censoring its Market, its only a matter of time before they become an also-ran in the phone industry. The only reason they are as dominant as they have been is that they were the only true legitimate smartphone option out there, and that is no longer the case and the customers are starting to take notice.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Thanks for sharing this .... Good read and makes some great points. It's getting to the point where Apple needs to gain access to the Verizon network in order to maintain their edge.

I'm sure most of us here remember that Apple went to Verizon first and after Verizon rejected the iPhone offer, they went to at&t. Apple wanted so much control and most of the revenue that the customers pay in the broadband charges. Verizon stuck to their guns that the iPhone would be treated the same as any other phone. Verizon would help augment the initial cost of the phone and a fair amount of advertising. At&t gave in and because they have to pay so much money to Apple month after month, they found it difficult to continue growth of their network to keep up with the demand. On the other hand, Verizon has invested billions in their network over the same period of time and kept pace nicely! (5 times the 3G network)

With all this said, will Apple insist on the same deal they currently have with at&t or give into Verizon's demands that they are treated the same as any other phone vendor??
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Verizon doesn't need the iPhone. I don't think you will ever see the iPhone on Verizon.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    rkwilson07
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Apple's response to android taking 2nd place and iphone in 3rd in the US. Here is the quote: “This is a very limited report on 150,000 US consumers responding to an online survey and does not account for the more than 85 million iPhone and iPod touch customers worldwide. IDC figures show that iPhone has 16.1 percent of the smartphone market and growing, far outselling Android on a worldwide basis.

We had a record quarter with iPhone sales growing by 131 percent and with our new iPhone OS 4.0 software coming this summer, we see no signs of the competition catching up anytime soon.”

So Apple had to include the ipod touch and worldwide number to scew the numbers to show that they are outselling android even though NPD was showing numbers only in the US and only smartphones not MP3 players. Way to go Apple, NOT!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

Re: Has Apple Lost It's Cool

Verizon doesn't need the iPhone. I don't think you will ever see the iPhone on Verizon.

No matter what anyone says, I have to agree with you on this one. Now that Verizon holds a big chunk of those android phones, we will never see iPhone on Verizon.

That isn't a reason to see it.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    [QUOTE=cereal killer;491868]There still has yet to be a SINGLE Android device to knock the iPhone off it's throne.

Thats what I want to see : )/QUOTE]

Why?
    -MVP
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Why doesn't this forum let you edit your posts? So now I'm re-posting just to add a single character.

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    There still has yet to be a SINGLE Android device to knock the iPhone off it's throne.

Thats what I want to see : )
    Why?
    -MVP
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I think the fact that android allows so many companies to make an android device helps out. One company makes an iPhone which allows you one device with one setup. We can get an htc sense phone, a plain vanilla android phone and many others ... the possibilities are endless. If android did the same thing then they too would become what iPhones have become and disappoint some users who grow bored.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links