DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget about Verizon's Droid Eris

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Voyager
    Quote Originally Posted by souljerr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
    Droid is too big IMO. The Eris feels soooooo good in your hand, much more pocketable and can do anything the Driod can plus it has pinch zoom and a better camera. Yes I bought the Eris. I dont care if the Droid has a faster CPU, I can wait the extra second or two for my webpage to load. Big deal....
    I think the droid is a perfect size with great screen resolution. The droid eris has google navigation? pinch zoom? I can use doube tap big deal. The camera is good enough also
    Choices - that's the key. It all depends on what fits best for you as the user. I love the Droid but realize it's not for everyone.
    Agreed. I love my Droid but everyone has different taste
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

HTC Eris

I'll get the Eris for my wife when she qualifies for one. I got the Droid but the Eris really feels nice in your hand. I dont think you can go wrong with either one.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Totally loving the A855 Droid. Checked the HTC, but it kinda felt like a toy to me. I think maybe it's the joy of having the QWERTY keyboard! That, and the fact that this Motorola feels like a real piece of gear...very solid.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    For me the physical keyboard was a major requirement, too much trouble with certain activities (telnet/ssh sessions, etc.) on a virtual keyboard. It didn't help that the first time I heard that the Eris existed was when I walked up to the counter on launch day and had the salesman ask "which droid do you want?"
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    The HTC Eris has very comparable statistics and ratings to the Motorola Groid on cnet. you can look at them here:

HTC Eris: HTC Droid Eris (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Motorola Droid: Motorola Droid (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

The HTC Eris actually currently has a higher average user rating than the Motorola Droid... and of course the 100 dollar price tag to most people makes a ton of difference. So don't knock it just because it doesn't have 2.0 and the specs on paper don't look as good (I'd still go with the Motorola though!).
    Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    I am not a fan of track balls on phones so I would have to pass on the HTC. I did play around with one at the Verizon store while I was waiting and it seemed slow to me?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I have a Droid, my daughter has an Eris. There are definite advantages to both. Many of the Droid advantages have already been mentioned: faster processor, higher res screen, QWERTY keyboard, Android 2.0, etc. However, some people (women?) feel the Droid is a bit big, heavy, and clunky. It's a matter of taste. What some people see as "solid, quality" others see as "clunky"... And while some may feel the trackball of the Eris is "unnecessary", it does make editing on the onscreen keyboard a snap. Anyway, I love my Droid and wouldn't want an Eris. My daughter loves her Eris and wouldn't want a Droid.

Choices. It's a good thing.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Agreed, I'm not usually one for stereotyping lol, but I bought the Eris for myself and the Moto for my husband and we are both very happy with the choices we made. The Moto is heavier, bulky, square...hence more masculine. I didn't need the full keyboard, and I am very happy with the virtual keyboard so far. Maybe because I am "learning" on the Eris too, but I find it much easier to navigate. My brother in law on the other hand likes my Eris better, and his hands are probably as big as my head, lol. But he also has owned a G1 too. They are both awesome phones.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    PghBeerXchange
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    lol...I am a pretty big guy and I LOVE my Eris! I really am new to smart phones and I sat in the verizon store for a long time playing with both phones. I originally wanted the Moto Droid because of the physical slide out QWERTY. But after using the virtual keyboard and you dont even have to spell the word right just get in the ball park and it fills it in for you. I think I can text even faster? I am not sure if they are the same as far as sleep modes go, but I LOVE using my phone as my alarm and it seems that once this phone is in sleep mode my alarm is non functioning....So far only complaint (other than shoter battery than I would like, but I have been using it ALOT because its a new toy).
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I was checking out the Eris at a local Best Buy. Seems like an excellent alternative to the Droid. I really liked it. My sister is in the market for a smartphone and I told her to check it out. She sees how an Android phone runs from playing with my Droid, and now she's set on the HTC Eris.

Droids are taking over
    Mike - Droid running stock 2.2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links