DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon announces Droid Eris Update

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member

Verizon announces Droid Eris Update

It's been a while since we've seen an update for the Eris, one might have thought Verizon almost forgot about HTC's first Droid with all the spotlights now shining on the Droid Incredible. Last week Verizon officially announced via their website the Droid Eris will be getting an update to improve performance issues and add a slew of features.

• Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and Google Maps.TM
    • New support for voice-to-text entry.
    • New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the seven panels on your home screen.
    • Additional calendar views and easier access to contacts make navigating even quicker.
    • Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced, turn-by-turn navigation.
    • With the Enhanced Android Market,TM you’ll enjoy a better browsing experience as well as even more applications, including Verizon Wireless content featuring self-service applications.
    • Ability to log onto and access multiple Google accounts at once.
    • Support for 19 Microsoft® Exchange Server policies makes your phone more secure and business friendly.
    • Desk Clock intelligently dims your screen and displays the current time while charging.
    • Location-based cinematic full screen weather keeps you on top of changing conditions.

Continue the ongoing discussion in our Droid Eris Forum: Update News

Thanks for the tip DessoThumbs!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Smooth918
    Phone
    Rooted Galaxy Nexus
    All of that sounds good, but the loudest outcry of the Eris Users is the Battery life, I brought one for each of my daughters and my oldest got so feed up, she willingly paid the ETF to get another device, and my LilOne can't wait to I upgrade or rather get the EVO so she can have my Beloved Droid.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    You're welcome

My wife and daughter just plug em in each night and the batteries last through the day. They'd be excited about the updates if they were geeks like moi.
    DessoThumbs
    ........Stock S4.........
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    thats cool ill have to update my moms phone when it comes out
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    ** Update, Mobilecrunch is reporting that the update may beginning rolling out tomorrow!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Anyone know what the update number will be for this so I know when it is installed? Also will the voice to text upgrade now allow the Eris to have verbally input text for text messaging like the Droid can???!!!! This is what the Eris truly needs!!!!!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    All of that sounds good, but the loudest outcry of the Eris Users is the Battery life, I brought one for each of my daughters and my oldest got so feed up, she willingly paid the ETF to get another device, and my LilOne can't wait to I upgrade or rather get the EVO so she can have my Beloved Droid.
    I dont know bout the ota version, but the leak improved my bat life a whole lot. At least it seems to. I dont have to charge it mid day now.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    worldxdownfall
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    too bad they aren't fixing things like Sense UI sucking. or the HTC keyboard sucking. OR the 'not being able to delete texts' issue. Eris is nothing more than a paper weight. so glad I bought a Droid.

no complaints about battery life with it though. even with heavy texting, and some internet use mixed in, I could still make it last a day and a half/two days. Turn off wifi, updates, internet, location services, etc when you're not using them... yeah, defeats the purpose of having a 'smartphone,' but it beats having to charge mid-day...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    Quote Originally Posted by bill d. View Post
    too bad they aren't fixing things like Sense UI sucking. or the HTC keyboard sucking. OR the 'not being able to delete texts' issue. Eris is nothing more than a paper weight. so glad I bought a Droid.

no complaints about battery life with it though. even with heavy texting, and some internet use mixed in, I could still make it last a day and a half/two days. Turn off wifi, updates, internet, location services, etc when you're not using them... yeah, defeats the purpose of having a 'smartphone,' but it beats having to charge mid-day...
    wow! you must got a bad phone. Without talking alot I go up to three days without charging, without turning all that off. Talk time kills my bat. Keyboard, no probs out of mine. I also have no prob deleting texts. I will give in to sense sucking tho. motorola has better. But I have yet to have any of the probs I keep hearing about with the texts and keyboard and so forth.
    Everything works fine on my eris.
  11. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Wow! I’ve never heard of this before and I think they’re awesome!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links