DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Alldroid.org has been closed indefinitely.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid/Cyanogen
    Let it die, the Android community is already getting so spread out... Alldroid was a great resource, as is XDA, but it's getting silly to have like 10 different forums to read just to find out what's new and coming out.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    ^^^ Yeah, I agree totally. The droid community is getting spread all over the place.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    So is there nowhere to find the sense UI desire Rom anymore? I was thinking about trying it...
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Wow....what I witnessed in "the other thread".......absolutely amazing....

......the more things change....the more they stay the same......

I would go on a lil rant....I think I will...

Its funny when ppl need your help, they act civilized, humble....then when they get back on their feet, so to speak....they forget where they were just at....what, 2-3 days ago?!?! Even if those few dont represent AllDroid they give the good folks from the Alldroid a bad name...

Just sitting back n observing proves Droid Forums will always be a place to call home....

The sad thing teddyearp is its other folks that wants it to be spread all over the place. Too much immaturity....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post

Its funny when ppl need your help, they act civilized, humble....then when they get back on their feet, so to speak....they forget where they were just at....what, 2-3 days ago?!?!
    Sounds like how the World treats the US.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

Its funny when ppl need your help, they act civilized, humble....then when they get back on their feet, so to speak....they forget where they were just at....what, 2-3 days ago?!?!

Yup yup.......when a country get devastated we are expected to be the first ones there. When a katrina, 9/11, or something happens to us...some feel that is what we deserve for being so arrogant.
    But thats what make us better that over and over again we are there when we could (and at times should) turn our backs.
    Despite our disagreements amongst ourselves (politics, religion, etc) when it is time to be there for one another we are.
    The poroud moments I have about 9/11 and katrina is that people put aside all of the politics, religion, and reached out to their fellow man/ woman. This is what makes this nation a great nation and I am pround to be part of it. We have our faults but over all we are closer then we are apart.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

Yup yup.......when a country get devastated we are expected to be the first ones there. When a katrina, 9/11, or something happens to us...some feel that is what we deserve for being so arrogant.
    But thats what make us better that over and over again we are there when we could (and at times should) turn our backs.
    Despite our disagreements amongst ourselves (politics, religion, etc) when it is time to be there for one another we are.
    The poroud moments I have about 9/11 and katrina is that people put aside all of the politics, religion, and reached out to their fellow man/ woman. This is what makes this nation a great nation and I am pround to be part of it. We have our faults but over all we are closer then we are apart.
    And that sounds like DF
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Just sitting back n observing proves Droid Forums will always be a place to call home....

The sad thing teddyearp is its other folks that wants it to be spread all over the place. Too much immaturity....
    Immaturity sprinkled with a touch of narssism, lol. It's just sad that the new stuff will be harder and harder to find. However, the way some of those threads over at alldroid were handled just made me not want to read them. Most of the folks there seemed to treat a forum thread like it was a twitter feed. A dev would post a new rom at 9am and by 12noon it already has 20 pages with nothing but one liner posts:

"Im on it"
    "D/L now"
    "Cool, I'll have to try it later"
    "where's the link?"
    "oh my nose was in the way, found it"
    etc.

I have been on my current rom for quite a while now and relly find no need to change roms unless some REALLY new feature is added (Project Druden might be the next greatest), so with that said, I'm gonna probably stick around here in the rescue squad and related areas and just try to help folks when I can.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    I guess my only question now is, seeing as how there is a mutual respect between Merely-Droid and DroidForums, why was DroidForums.net considered the "enemy", by Merely-Droid 's sister site Android-Hackers?

Accepting Donations

Quote by Speeddymon

On that note, it might be better to make friends with the enemy (df) than to try to compete against them.
    That guy is a COMPLETE douche.

He is a grown man living with his parents if that tells you anything.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    are you serious? lol
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Links