DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ADOBE FLASH - OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT.. Dum dum dum

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    A very good post and certainly these are points really useful.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yes same question. will farmville lag hella bad though??
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ROOTED THUNDERBOLT
    need it for my slingbox
    My HOG
    2010 Heritage Softail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtmeEZ-Ia4
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X (Verizon)
    Anyone know if this would allow my netflix to work on my droid? Now THAT would be awesome!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade2074 View Post
    Anyone know if this would allow my netflix to work on my droid? Now THAT would be awesome!
    Sadly no. Netflix is based on Silverlight from Microsoft, and it requires IE and i believe even Windows, to run the stream app. However, this should allow for Hulu to be streamed on the phone - unless this version of Flash is "on a diet" or something

Since I accept the fact that Netflix went uber-proprietary and I don't get my videos from there, I'm stoked for Hulu!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by techRob View Post
    Sadly no. Netflix is based on Silverlight from Microsoft, and it requires IE and i believe even Windows, to run the stream app. However, this should allow for Hulu to be streamed on the phone - unless this version of Flash is "on a diet" or something

Since I accept the fact that Netflix went uber-proprietary and I don't get my videos from there, I'm stoked for Hulu!
    oh I totally forgot about needing to install that first - it's been so long! lol
    Hulu would be nice too though. I wonder if netflix will make an android app...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

oh I totally forgot about needing to install that first - it's been so long! lol
    Hulu would be nice too though. I wonder if netflix will make an android app...
    LOL I would be in heaven with my DROID if that were to happen! ...but since it doesn't look like they're even trying to port the netflix streaming video to Linux, I can't see it coming out for Android anytime soon
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

OKay.. as far as facebook games.. Yeaaa guys.. its a cell.. its going to lag hella of a lot.. Uhmm.. for all of you guys who are dying for HULU.. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!. you know why.. cuz Hulu will be blocked... Netflix uses Silverlight

BUT FELLAS.. if you guys use.. Skyfire Browser right now.. You can go to websites like Sidereel.com.. anddd.. WATCH FULL EPISODES AND POSSIBLY EVEN MOVIES VIA MEGAUPLOAD... yeaaa... Its awesome guys... so if hulu says no.. there aree other sources!
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

I believe it will be a full Flash experience, with GPU acceleration and all. HOWEVER, Hulu seems to be IP blocked for VZW users (hence the fact that it will not play videos on either Flash Lite on the Incredible, nor Skyfire 2 beta) - it actually shows a "video" that says that the video cannot be displayed on the device. Again, it is an IP block, not a technical limitation of any of the existing methods of using Flash on the Android platform.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links