DroidForums.net Sign In Problems
We have upgraded DroidForums.net to a newer version of vBulletin this morning. After the upgrade, some users have reported problems logging back into the forum.
If you are having issues signing in follow the normal procedure to reset your password. This is normally a two step process. Once you attempt to log-in and the process fails click the link to reset your password.
1. You will receive an email with a link to click on to reset your password.
2. The new password should arrive in your mail.
3. Close all tabs in your browser.
4. This method will be different for each browser, but you need to delete all cookies related to our site. Please see the instructions at this site for how to do that in different browsers.
** How to delete cookies
** How to Clear Your Browser's Cookies - wikiHow
4b. Other users have reported that deleting the cookies are not enough, that you need to delete site preferences as well. This is different from browser to browser as well: In Firefox, it's: tools>clear recent history>details>site preferences
4c. If you are on windows, this utility has been helpful to some of our users and is free and should allow you to double check that you did in fact delete all cookies:
CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Posts on page 2 and 3 of this thread have additional suggestions and steps for different browsers.
5. Close your browser completely, you need to shut down your browser and restart it from scratch. Sometimes closing the window does not completely shut down the browser.
6. Reload your browser and attempt to log in to the site. Keep in mind, usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE -- Also, be sure to check the box that says "REMEMBER ME" - I have personally seen that it would not accept the login unless that box was checked.
If you continue to have problems logging in, please shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help!
Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Contact Us
For Chrome Users: I just tested this in Chrome and deleted cookies 5 times with no fix. However, once I followed these steps, it worked:
Open Chrome to a Blank Tab
Go to Preferences -> Under the Hood
Show Cookies & Website Permissions
Type in the website name (droidforums.net, or what have you)
Only the cookies for droidforums.net will come up, Delete All
Close the Delete Cookies Tab
Go to "Personal Stuff" Tab
Click on "Clear Browsing Data"
Check every Box except "Clear Saved Passwords"
Make sure to set "Clear Data From This Period" to Everything
Close Down Chrome Completely (Quit out, don't just close the window)
That fixed it for me.