DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 LastLast

Thread: DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Just like someones point of view of a 'hacker' is can be different than the next man, so can integrity and ethics.All I'm saying is take your rooted phone to Verizon and ask them what they think. Again, their view is gonna be different than yours.
    I am not so sure that an employee at Verizon is going to have a different view than me. I know that I am voiding my warranty, they would probably tell me the same exact thing. But what they are not going to do is say that I am un-ethical, hell they probably have a rooted droid too, probably did it at work when there were no customers.

The more people that try to call into question other people's ethics, the more blaring and obvious it makes BDs actions. There is a real easy way to stop any discussion about this entire mess. BD should just come clean, all this will go away.
    Today, I lost my cell phone. But found it again! And then dropped it in the toilet.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Call it like it really is "honor amongst thieves". If u noticed I mentioned a few times about there not being all this drama with modded Windows OS's. That should tell u what I think about integrity ot ethics.... or where I stand.

What he did was wrong. Fine. But to go to the magnitude that it went? No fine. Then ppl using ethics n integrity? Not fine. Hell, Cyanogen, koush coulda decompiled UD 10 first, THEN went to BD saying: "Look man either u gives us credit for this n that or we gonna put on blast"

All in Private Message. Then tell him if u gonna keep trying to do this we just gonna put u on blast. All in Private Message. If BD didnt comply, then its on.

Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cesareborgia View Post
    Just like someones point of view of a 'hacker' is can be different than the next man, so can integrity and ethics.All I'm saying is take your rooted phone to Verizon and ask them what they think. Again, their view is gonna be different than yours.
    I am not so sure that an employee at Verizon is going to have a different view than me. I know that I am voiding my warranty, they would probably tell me the same exact thing. But what they are not going to do is say that I am un-ethical, hell they probably have a rooted droid too, probably did it at work when there were no customers.

The more people that try to call into question other people's ethics, the more blaring and obvious it makes BDs actions. There is a real easy way to stop any discussion about this entire mess. BD should just come clean, all this will go away.

but it needs to be real and from him,,,,,,,,
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    An employee at Verizon vs. what I read in the company's TOS. Not the same thing. If a company like Verizon lumps in modification with stealing from them, , spamming, etc,.again its their view vs. yours.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Call it like it really is "honor amongst thieves". If u noticed I mentioned a few times about there not being all this drama with modded Windows OS's. That should tell u what I think about integrity ot ethics.... or where I stand.

What he did was wrong. Fine. But to go to the magnitude that it went? No fine. Then ppl using ethics n integrity? Not fine. Hell, Cyanogen, koush coulda decompiled UD 10 first, THEN went to BD saying: "Look man either u gives us credit for this n that or we gonna put on blast"

All in Private Message. Then tell him if u gonna keep trying to do this we just gonna put u on blast. All in Private Message. If BD didnt comply, then its on.
    I see, keep it all nice and silent, pretend that he wasn't trying to claim it was his, give him the chance to give credit so he can get away with ripping other people off. What would prevent him from doing the same thing next time? From trying to get away with it until he was caught. And I cannot blame the people who he ripped off, you would be pissed off too if someone claimed your work was there's. It didn't stop him on the other forums he was kicked off. Maybe the only way he is going to learn is if he is put on blast, right away, every time. People in this counter culture will eventually realize that to rip other people off will result in being exposed. This is how the "hacker" culture has always responded to people who lie, who steal, who pretend to be something they so painfully and obviously are not.
    Today, I lost my cell phone. But found it again! And then dropped it in the toilet.
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post

Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.
    That is what I was saying earlier. They have a forum and should understand drama of any kind can be a major headache for a forum and its administrators.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.[/QUOTE]

Actually this seems to me like the best solution. When someone does something they are locked down, kicked out, ignored. The American Indians did this with their children, when they displayed behavior that was not acceptable, they simply ignored them until they responded correctly.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Blackdroid has moved on, Koush and Cyanogen have moved on. The number of posts in this thread are basically just a few people still picking sides. Lets quit beating a dead horse here and move on like the original ROM developers have done. No need to get in the last word in, no matter who you side with.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I will say I never even heard of a Cyan anything before I got my Droid. "BlackDroid, what did u just cal me???)..lol

IF he has taken other ppls work before.......and its proven that he has........then damn.....eventually keep taken credit for other ppl stuff is gonna catch up to u. Eventually something like that will get u blacklisted.
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Guys if black really was gonna come clean he would have come out and done so already, from my understanding this almost the same way it went down on alldroid with pete's rom bugless beast.

You have 3 camps here in this mess
    1. The people who don't care and just like ultimate droid.

2. The people who 1 have had people take credit for their work and are bothered buy it or just have a problem with the BD's lack of integrity.

3. The people who say none of you are perfect and should not have a problem with what he did because they don't.
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 LastLast

Links