after i played a lot with my rooted Milestone, i discovered that the pay app i had for backups, called Sprite-Backup was not really helpful. Apps where missing, couldnt be updated and a lot of errors for sheduled Backups occured. It was a pure horror, and i rather didnt wipe instead of doing everything new again. So, i was on the search for a backup-software providing all the important stuff. So i stumbled on TITANIUM BACKUP, in the market.
- No time limit
- Very fast app listing (~1 second for 300 apps)
- Sort apps by name / last backup / backup frequency
- Filter apps by name / type / status / Apps Organizer labels (also affects Batch operations)
- Backup/restore regular apps + their settings
- Backup/restore protected apps + their settings
- Backup/restore system settings (incl. Wi-Fi AP list)
- Restores the Market links when restoring apps
- Zero-click background batch backup
- Interactive batch restore
- Many batch scenarios (eg: if >N days since last backup, etc)
- Zero-click app un-installer
- Zero-click system app un-installer
- Branded to Donator's name
- Multiple backups per app (history length can be chosen)
- Zero-click background batch restore
- Batch verification of all backups
- Ultra fast HyperShell (much faster for almost everything)
- Market Doctor can remake any broken Market links (only for apps that were backed up with the link in place)
- App freezer can disable an app (and make it invisible) without un-installing it
---Download the free version here--- ROOT IS NEEDED ---
Pro & Con:
The biggest plus on titanium is its ability to even restore market links on apps. That means, you can not only restore previously used apps, but also download their updates on the market. I havent seen this feature in any other backup software i tested! Titanium just takes out the threat on wiping, or installing another ROM. It restores just everything. Also, it has got an easy user interface, and one of the smartest function included is the "auto busybox installer". This means, if youre not sure how to do that, Titanium Backup is installing Busybox for you!
Another HUGE plus is its interoperabiltity. It can backup your apps for example on android 1.5 and restore em on android 1.6, which is just really awesome!
Negative sides are rarely seen on Titanium Backup. One negative side is that Titanium needs ROOT to be run! But as i see the last noob rooting his droid nowadays, i guess its not that bad, aye? Another negative, and for me one of the biggest, is the lack of a sheduler. I love "Set it and Forget it" - tools. To set what backup you want and at which time, would make Titanium just 100% PERFECT!
Here are some Screenshots, i took to show you the user-interface and some features:
Titanium Backup Donate is the BEST BACKUP APP i ever came across for android! Only feature missing, as mentioned, would be a sheduler for me. But as developer Joel Bourquard mentioned for his future plans, this might be a feature showing off soon! Also the huge functionalities provided was amazing to me. Backup up excactly what you want and even partially restore it on other android versions is just amazing, and more than even pc-backup software is providing mostly! Also, with a price of 3,99 USD its not even expensive. Titanium Backup is very fast. A backup of my 45MB apps and system data only took 3 minutes, and nearly the same on restoring!
Titanum works on all android versions beginning with 1.5 up to 2.1 - Joel stated, that he has 800 Downloads per Day, with a failure percentage less then 0.1 %. It even works on a rooted ARCHOS 5
Combining all pro and cons of the software, it would make it a very good 4.6 out of 5 points! THANK you Joel for this great piece of software!
- new batch scenarios for removing backups
- persistent filter settings
Quite soon / probable:
- universal app data export/import in CSV / html / text format
- scheduled backups
- improve widgets
- auto-zip and e-mail a backup
- Automatic self-backup of Titanium Backup "apk" to SD card
- filtering/selection of backups by ROM version
- GUI overhaul
- universal data exchange between any apps
Now guess what?! Joel decided to give away 7 Licenses of the donate version to OUR MEMBERS!
The giveaway is soon to come, stay tuned on www.droidforums.net
And this is NO april fools joke