DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: News on the release of 2.1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Great, another thread that we will have to wade through all the BS "im rooted so I dont care" comments to get to real info!!!

If your rooted and dont care, then dont care and go to the hackers section!
    There is no need to fill these threads about the official 2.1 from Moto,Verizion with nonsense about BB 7.9 whatever, Black&white mod sholes 89.3,Droid mod c3po 7.9er 2 or any other hacked version of the 2.1 OS!

Why mods are so quick to jump on people in other threads that stay OT when there are only a few pages but refuse to police it here in the 2.1 threads when there are thousands of posts is beyond me!!

Plain and simple, stay on topic, this topic is about the 2.1 release/delay, not whether you are rooted,glad you rooted or you have been running 2.1 build for weeks!!

There are a few of us who DO NOT want to root or even CARE about rooting!!

The phone has been out only how many months??? This will be what # update?? This phone will have exactly 2 more updates when it gets 2.1 than any other phone in the past so I will wait paitently for it!
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Thanks for adding to more posts to wade through for real information.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Thats supposed to be stray off topic! Sorry no edit ability!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
    Thanks for adding to more posts to wade through for real information.
    Read all of the other thread and was trying to put a stop to it early on here!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (Coming Soon!)
    Hopefully getting my Droid in a few weeks...not going to root, don't want to take a chance of screwing it up. I will wait as long as need be for the 2.1 update. No worries here.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    (YAWN) We've waited this long, what's a few more hours / days / weeks / months? Not a thing we can do about it.
    ^ This is the type of attitude that EVERYONE should have about 2.1.
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireDroid View Post
    Great, another thread that we will have to wade through all the BS "im rooted so I dont care" comments to get to real info!!!

If your rooted and dont care, then dont care and go to the hackers section!
    There is no need to fill these threads about the official 2.1 from Moto,Verizion with nonsense about BB 7.9 whatever, Black&white mod sholes 89.3,Droid mod c3po 7.9er 2 or any other hacked version of the 2.1 OS!

Why mods are so quick to jump on people in other threads that stay OT when there are only a few pages but refuse to police it here in the 2.1 threads when there are thousands of posts is beyond me!!

Plain and simple, stay on topic, this topic is about the 2.1 release/delay, not whether you are rooted,glad you rooted or you have been running 2.1 build for weeks!!

There are a few of us who DO NOT want to root or even CARE about rooting!!

The phone has been out only how many months??? This will be what # update?? This phone will have exactly 2 more updates when it gets 2.1 than any other phone in the past so I will wait paitently for it!

There is no official info other than the first post. Verizon stated nobody on gets an OTA for the Droid this weekend and does not say when one will be occurring. It don't get no more official than that. No post here will make it come any sooner.

Your comment had nothing to do with the delay either.

The only question I've really seen in the thread so far is about why the Droid can't have 2.1 if others already have it. I have no idea how many other phones run android on versions less than 2.0 but it is a large majority of them. Eventually they all can be updated but who knows if they will be.

All we can do is hope the release comes out soon so folks can enjoy it. That also will mean things can progress on beyond 2.1 so we all, rooted and stock phones alike, can enjoy even more features and enhancements to an already great phone.

I'll add that when the next "official" release date comes along it will be post number 1 of a new popular thread that stays near the top of the "Active Topics" list so it will be easy to find. That should save folks from wading when the water gets deep.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Finding the thread is not the issue, it's all the OT posts in the thread that is the chore.

I have read ALL of the enitire other thread and jumped in here to see if it was different, obviously I was wrong!

Done contributing to all the bs people have to wade through.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Finding the thread is not the issue, it's all the OT posts in the thread that is the chore.

I have read ALL of the enitire other thread and jumped in here to see if it was different, obviously I was wrong!

Well, you really didn't contribute anything with that post. This thread is only 3 pages long how much stuff did you have to wade through?

OK, since this seems to be an issue to some people let me remind everyone to stay on topic.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Well, you really didn't contribute anything with that post. This thread is only 3 pages long how much stuff did you have to wade through?

OK, since this seems to be an issue to some people let me remind everyone to stay on topic.
    yes I did, I was taking a poke at myself by saying I was now the one contributing to the BS, meaning I was posting in a thread with nothing relevent to add to the OT!

And I didnt have to wade to far, cant even tell how deep the water is!
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links