DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid hurts Palm

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    benglund
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    I used a Treo back in the day (loved it!), used a palm T|X for work in healthcare, and then came to my senses ...

Palm's not kept up with the Jones', they thought they were safe because people have been using their O/S for things such as in hospitals, portable POS's in restaurants, etc. They've not been working all that hard to make their OS top of the line, and looking at their UI compared to iPhone, Android, and (yes) even BB have ALL surpassed them by far. Their newest UI/OS finally is semi-appealing, but unfortunately for them came much too late.

Bad business was done by Palm, and while they had a HUGE market monopoly in years past, they get to live with their non-creativity.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    If Google purchased Palm Apple lawyers would erupt from the sewers and attack Google's headquarters en masse. You see... Apple doesn't like competition.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

oh really?

The Palm CEO believes they have a better product?

Now thats shocking. Don't understand why company rep's always just talk to talk and don't say anything of substance. Instead of being a company that advertises saying we are the best or number one at this or that or the first that did it. How about you actually go out and accomplish it instead of saying it. That would actually be productive than trying to make yourselves out as something your not.
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    PALM's stock is plunging too... that's too bad
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver98 View Post
    Palm has been TERMINATED. Next Target: Apple iPhone
    Hate to break it to you... Ain't gonna happen. There are far too many people who would buy a turd with a twist tie stuck in it as an antenna if it had an Apple logo on it.

What would be interesting is if Google released Chrome OS and everyone decided they were sick and tired of Apple's s***. Microsoft, Adobe, & Google could cripple Apple bigtime. Microsoft wouldn't have to live in fear of being a monopoly because Google would be the other OS choice for consumers.

Just saying.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Google will definitely not buy Palm. The quoted message at the top says why google should buy Palm... not why it shouldn't.

This is not a matter of simply handing cash to the CEO of Palm. It's much more difficult than that.

Obviously something has happened to cause them to lose that money. Google does not want to lose that sort of money so whatever the reason of the loss of that money means that Palm's patents did not make them any money.

Palm may have a lot of patents but Palm lost money so their first idea should be to implement their patents into their products.
    (My guess is they already have implemented most of their patents so they need more)

Google buying Palm would be pretty cool but in my opinion not to logical.
    "There is DOES and IDONT no try."
    You get the idea--- DROID DOES
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Palm Sucks ass and has for some time, nothing new.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Total agreement.

Nj
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    webOS is the best Mobile OS hands down, I cant deny that. If Google bought Palm and merged Android with webOS it would be AMAZING
    I have the Palm Pre Plus for my company cell and a Motor Droid for my personal. I dropped my BB Storm like a ton of bricks when I got my Droid. I would have to say that if Droid did not exist, I would be living on my Pre. A co-worker of mine has her pixi for work and Eris for personal, she would agree with me that palm is a great 2nd best.

If Google had Palm's portfolio and used the technology in android (Cards & Synergy, etc.,) they could crush apple in court and in the market.

(Plus I would like to see some android in the WebOS like the Widgets. Perhaps WebOS could be the "Lite" or "amateur" version of Android???)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    ...There are far too many people who would buy a turd with a twist tie stuck in it as an antenna if it had an Apple logo on it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dr0id
    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDMASTER View Post
    Google will definitely not buy Palm. The quoted message at the top says why google should buy Palm... not why it shouldn't.

This is not a matter of simply handing cash to the CEO of Palm. It's much more difficult than that.

Obviously something has happened to cause them to lose that money. Google does not want to lose that sort of money so whatever the reason of the loss of that money means that Palm's patents did not make them any money.

Palm may have a lot of patents but Palm lost money so their first idea should be to implement their patents into their products.
    (My guess is they already have implemented most of their patents so they need more)

Google buying Palm would be pretty cool but in my opinion not to logical.

You don't know what youre talking about. It's not that Palms patents didn't make them money... They did, for 15 year they made them lots and lots of money. But now that Google had better marketing and a better carrier than Palm, that is why they have fallen to a low, not because of their patents. A product is a sum of it's parts... not just one thing... like patents.

If you take an already sucessful device, and add to it, it will only become better. So I disagree with you when you say Palm needs more patents. They need better marketing, and a better footing in a carrier that will back them up, and not sluff them off behind Apples crap.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links