DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [YAY] Opera Mini 5 released in beta

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Lenny i highly doubt that because if they didnt want anything to do with it they wouldnt be involved. Im sure it sucks and thats why its a Beta version and not a full fledged release. Im personally not a fan of Opera on PC so i probably wont be a fan of it on my phone either. My prefrence for now remains to be Dolphin Browser until 2.1 update comes out and then i will go back to the factory browser.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    droid
    I like the speed of the browser but it doesn't open pages properly. Example is this site in mobile. It doesn't display more than the login. Fast but mostly useless.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    initially I thought this Opera browser was great and agree that it is fast... however the mobile version of my personal business website that I designed and optimized for the Android phones is not recognizing the fact that it is coming from a mobile device, thus no longer auto redirecting to the proper page. (if that makes sense)

Now it just loads the full site and it's slow and choppy.

*I KNOW THIS IS ONLY BETA* but I would really rather not have to make a note to all of my clients that if they visit my site on their Android phones that they will have to use the default web browser, but instead the developers of Opera will take note of this and be sure the browser correctly auto detects mobile devices in the same way as the default browser. I did adjust and test it with all of the settings, however my site still came up garbled.

Very good start though... I love the speed in loading pages like facebook and yahoo... but it's coming up with different "mobile" versions of yahoo, gmail and other sites that makes it difficult to navigate through on the Droid.

I didn't experiment with ALL of the sites I normally visit on my phone, but just the 3 or 4 most common. Facebook mobile gets an A+ from me for load speed and presentation, but the touch version seems slower to load than the normal browser. Could be a cache thing too... I don't know.

Not sold on it yet... looking forward to the full version whenever it is available. Great look with the start page and I like the controls at the bottom, especially the forward button being right there.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Is there a way to set bookmark shortcuts on the honescreen and have them open in opera? Oh how I cant stand the native browser.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have an issue with opera trying to get into hotmail, every time I go to enter my username as soon as I click the password box the username dissapears and the website reloads. I tried entering the password first, then the username but as soon as I go to click log in, same thing. my username is erased and the page relaods. I tried like 4 times both mobile and non mobile verions from my droid, anybody have this or know a fix?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by superglen99 View Post
    I have an issue with opera trying to get into hotmail, every time I go to enter my username as soon as I click the password box the username dissapears and the website reloads. I tried entering the password first, then the username but as soon as I go to click log in, same thing. my username is erased and the page relaods. I tried like 4 times both mobile and non mobile verions from my droid, anybody have this or know a fix?
    I have the same problem trying to log into this site.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Still can't figure out the zoom

I really like the look of the Opera browser, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to zoom. I don't get that little zoomy-button in the bottom left corner, only a left arrow to complement the right arrow. Obviously multitouch isn't happening. I have NO WAY TO ZOOM! Even the vaunted double finger tap doesn't work! Am I a moron?
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by leutbneot View Post
    I really like the look of the Opera browser, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to zoom. I don't get that little zoomy-button in the bottom left corner, only a left arrow to complement the right arrow. Obviously multitouch isn't happening. I have NO WAY TO ZOOM! Even the vaunted double finger tap doesn't work! Am I a moron?
    Well when I had it on my phone I just single tapped an area that i wanted to zoom into and it zoomed in.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links