Update: We forgot to mention, Samsung said the device would launch in multiple countries in April.
Update 2: After a tip from combatmedic870, we did some digging. Apparently, the new processor in the Galaxy S5 is the Snapdragon 801. We updated our story specs below to reflect the correct info. Although Samsung has yet to officially release the info, we found evidence of this from a couple of different sites.
Our quick presser shares all of the relevant official features and functions of the Galaxy S5, but many of us are hardware junkies and want to see the list of the innards. Here's the hardware spec breakdown for the Samsung Galaxy S5:
- 5.1-inch FHD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- 2.5GHz MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Quad-Core Processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32GB of memory
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 16-megapixel camera with UHD 4K video recording at 30fps and various software features
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
- LTE Cat 4 (150/50Mbps) support
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80 MIMO (2×2) Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT_
- USB 3.0
- IR Remote
- 2800mAh battery
- IP67 Dust and Water Resistant
- Fingerprint scanner
- Heart rate sensor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with various software features on top including Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 3.0, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode
- Size: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1
- Weight: 145g
Share your thoughts!