DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [Exclusive Rumor] Verizon to Announce New 'More Everything Plans' Starting Tomorrow

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon to Announce New 'More Everything Plans' Starting Tomorrow

Here's the hot story of the day by a long shot. It's so hot, our fingers are still burning as we type this up. Supposedly, Verizon plans to announce their new "More Everything Plans" tomorrow (Thursday, February 13th). As you can see from the leaked internal promo doc above, VZW's new plans will offer a slew of new and/or improved options. Many of these plans offer a bit more value than Verizon's current offerings.

In fact, if you were considering one of their Share Everything plans you may want to take a peek at this first. The amount of data you get for the monthly charge is now double in some instances. You can also upgrade more often than before. Verizon is even including unlimited international messaging and more. The main highlights are in the middle where we see the data increases.

Overall, it's not a spectacular change, but anytime Big Red gives an inch it's news-worthy material. Sound off with your thoughts on these newest plans.

Thanks to our anonymous tipster!
    Last edited by dgstorm; 02-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    jackiescivic, wicked and Preach2k like this.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 & Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    Well, isn't that exciting! Go Big Red, go!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    I'm thinking about calling and changing my plan to the 3gb tomorrow and adding the cloud storage. 25gb is a steal, considering I got rid of it in October because I was tired of paying $3/month. I think these changes will benefit the average consumer more. Still nowhere near the deal like AT&T has for 10gb+, but it's a small step in the right direction

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Actually what would be really slick is if I could keep my unlimited data (for a tablet), and then do the $40 plan on this deal for my smartphone. I'd only be paying $70-$80 still, but have a tablet with unlimited data and still have a smartphone with 1-2gigs of data. Or am I missing the $40 device fee (not indicated here, fine print no doubt)

Add a VoIP service and BT headphone to the tablet and I'd be set!

I'm sure I can't keep my same phone number, but if I could somehow transfer my phone number to this new plan for smartphone, and keep my unlimited data for a tablet THAT would be a heck of a deal.
    Last edited by kodiak799; 02-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    Prices look great! But then I see the bottom left corner. Don't forget to tack on another $40 per cellphone

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYBOT View Post
    Prices look great! But then I see the bottom left corner. Don't forget to tack on another $40 per cellphone
    Yeah, that's a rip-off. They do have single line plans (I think separate from share everything), but you can't seem to price a device/plan from their website that doesn't default to share everything.

$90 for 1gig of data? Please, more than I pay now for unlimited data. I still can't believe they jacked-up prices for individual users like that while handing out discounts to "family" plans. I understand family plans should get a discount, but no reason a 2gig plan for 1 device with unlimited talk/text should be more than $70.

If VZW ever terminates my plan I'd have little choice but to go to Sprint or TMo.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Yeah, that's a rip-off. They do have single line plans (I think separate from share everything), but you can't seem to price a device/plan from their website that doesn't default to share everything.

$90 for 1gig of data? Please, more than I pay now for unlimited data. I still can't believe they jacked-up prices for individual users like that while handing out discounts to "family" plans. I understand family plans should get a discount, but no reason a 2gig plan for 1 device with unlimited talk/text should be more than $70.

If VZW ever terminates my plan I'd have little choice but to go to Sprint or TMo.
    A couple weeks ago they put out a $60 plan for unlimited minutes and text and 1gb data, or $45 for 250mb. Catch is that neither plan qualifies for corporate discounts and it is single line only. But, we can do two or more on an account, they just wouldn't share data, each phone would have 1gb

Sent from my Droid Maxx
    Dalvik_Cache likes this.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    A couple weeks ago they put out a $60 plan for unlimited minutes and text and 1gb data, or $45 for 250mb. Catch is that neither plan qualifies for corporate discounts and it is single line only. But, we can do two or more on an account, they just wouldn't share data, each phone would have 1gb
    Yeah, I saw that. But couldn't price it out with a device (apparently have to talk to a rep, either online or a store). I assumed there's no device charge, but couldn't verify that.

So looks like I could do that $60 plan for a smartphone, then put a tablet on my $30 unlimited data plan (dropping the voice/text). $10 more than I pay now, but I pick-up unlimited voice. Although I don't think I could port my number and keep the unlimited data, so that could be a deal breaker.

I may consider that, but I'm not satisfied with the specs on current phones/tablets in the size range I'm looking for.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    You can't find it because it is hidden in their system ;-) I have to search for it using a code they gave us in order to apply it.
    On the contract, it says monthly line access fee is $60, when it would normally say $40/$30/etc

Sent from my Droid Maxx
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    You can't find it because it is hidden in their system ;-) I have to search for it using a code they gave us in order to apply it.
    On the contract, it says monthly line access fee is $60, when it would normally say $40/$30/etc
    Yeah, I guess they figure they make more money off people who just overpay for a Share Everything plan than individual users that walk away because of cost.

But that's not a bad deal for $60 - I found when I was away from wifi a lot I still rarely went over 1gig of data.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links