Some supposedly newly leaked intel on the Samsung Galaxy S5 has arrived. This new information contains a very thorough spec breakdown. These "new" rumored specs are very high-end and suggest Samsung is going for broke to try and trump any surprises from the Apple camp's next iPhone. Much of this intel seems to line up with previous rumors, but this seems even more solid than previous "leaks."
Here's the scoop,
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon chipset (likely 805) or an octa-core 64-bit Exynos SoC clocked at 2GHz - will vary by region and device model
- 5.2- or 5.25-inch AMOLED display with WQHD (2K) resolution (2,560 x 1,440 pixels)
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB storage options
- 16-megapixel rear camera
- 3.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Massive 3,200 mAh battery
- All-metal case
Incidentally, this intel also seems to confirm some of the rumors regarding Apple's next iPhone, as you can see in the graphic above. This info was shared by South Korean brokerage firm KDB Daewoo Securities. They have a history of revealing accurate info on new upcoming devices. Still, as with all rumors, despite the solidness of the source, please take this with a grain of salt.