DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kwyrt

Thread: SCRIPT [ROOT] Script makes Rooting Your Moto X on 4.4 Eays!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

SCRIPT [ROOT] Script makes Rooting Your Moto X on 4.4 Eays!

Motorola has done an excellent job of getting updates to their devices in a super fast manner. This has been great industry wide as it has really set the standard for other OEMs and put on the pressure for other device makers to get their updates to the masses quickly. This does present one pesky problem. When a new update is released all exploits are patched. Which means it can become difficult to re gain root. Just Case put together a working root method for Moto X devices on 4.4 but the process is quite arduous. XDA member 640k has released a script to make the process a bit easier. There is a disclaimer at the top of the original post in BOLD RED cautioning useres of the script to proceed with extreme caution. This script will wipe your phone completely twice. If for some reason your phone dies during the process you will have a solid BRICK. That being said as long as your battery doesn't die you should be just fine. This script had been tested working, but apparently JCase has added a user solvable problem in the middle of the RockMyMoto exploit which is auto generated. Developers of the script are currently working on way to proxy the equation portion of the exploit back to the user to get this script working again. To see the progress of this awesome and user friendly script head to the link below.

Via XDA
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    This is great! It means the 4.4.2 update will be pushed out faster than Moto anticipated. They gotta patch those exploits! This is a dilemma... Have root or be on the latest Stable Android version... ?? Hmmm
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Stock Rooted
    I don't believe 640k's script is working at the moment but the root option in stillthisguy's Moto X Toolkit does. Just ran it a couple night's ago. Works great! [TOOL] Moto X Toolkit v1.3.4 [Backup/Restore,Drivers,Return to stock,Root,Bootani] - xda-developers
    akhenax likes this.

Links