DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tucstwo

Thread: [VIDEO] How To Install AOKP Kit Kat 4.4.2 On The Droid RAZR HD!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

[VIDEO] How To Install AOKP Kit Kat 4.4.2 On The Droid RAZR HD!

The video above is a quick video guide on installing AOKP to the Droid RAZR HD. This method is basically the same for any other device that has an unlocked bootloader. Simply boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, install zip from sd card, choose the aokp rom, then the gapps, then reboot. Download links are in the video description. Big shoutouts to developer "Tucstwo" who successfully ported this Rom to the Razr HD for our enjoyment!

Original Thread For The Rom Can Be Found Here
    Last edited by DroidModderX; 01-17-2014 at 06:49 AM.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidModderX View Post

The video above is a quick video guide on installing AOKP to the Droid RAZR HD. This method is basically the same for any other device that has an unlocked bootloader. Simply boot into recovery, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, install zip from sd card, choose the aokp rom, then the gapps, then reboot. Download links are in the video description.

Dude, we appreciate you making this vid with install info to help folks, but it would be much appreciated if you posted in this thread WHO ported this rom to make it work on this device and WHERE you found it.

I recognize you've linked "your source" on the youtube page, but not a peep about it here.

We have no problem with you making vids like this, but XT926 is NOT an official AOKP 4.4 build and it took some real effort to make it work for that device. It's not plug and play.

ROM Port Source can be found here for those who wish to build these for themselves. We (well, actually AOKP) has ROM control NOW!!
    And the ORIGINAL ROM thread can be found here. If site management has an issue with external links, please by all means delete this thread in it's entirety.

Otherwise, myself and a friend ported AOKP for this and several other devices and we posted them (exclusivly) on droidrzr.com

Thank you

This post wouldn't be necessary if the OP had provided the appropriate references.
    Last edited by Tucstwo; 01-16-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    geekabilly likes this.
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucstwo View Post
    Dude, we appreciate you making this vid with install info to help folks, but it would be much appreciated if you posted in this thread WHO ported this rom to make it work on this device and WHERE you found it.

I recognize you've linked "your source" on the youtube page, but not a peep about it here.

We have no problem with you making vids like this, but XT926 is NOT an official AOKP 4.4 build and it took some real effort to make it work for that device. It's not plug and play.

ROM Port Source can be found here for those who wish to build these for themselves. We (well, actually AOKP) has ROM control NOW!!
    And the ORIGINAL ROM thread can be found here. If site management has an issue with external links, please by all means delete this thread in it's entirety.

Otherwise, myself and a friend ported AOKP for this and several other devices and we posted them (exclusivly) on droidrzr.com

Thank you

This post wouldn't be necessary if the OP had provided the appropriate references.
    OP updated. Thanks for all your hard work bro!
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidModderX View Post
    OP updated. Thanks for all your hard work bro!
    Thank you
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucstwo View Post

Thank you

Thanks for your information.

Links