DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: (Rumor) Verizon planning To End All Unlimited Data Plans By End Of 2014!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member

(Rumor) Verizon planning To End All Unlimited Data Plans By End Of 2014!

Today I got some disturbing news from 2 different Verizon stores, and one showed me confirmation. I was told that, although I have unlimited data, by the end of 2014 Verizon will be taking all of it away. Normally I would not believe the guys at the 1st store, but they were pushing me to buy the phone out-right other then getting the Edge plan. I found that strange in itself. But, since I have mine already ordered at my home store, they had no reason to lie to me. After leaving there, I went to my home store where my order is, and asked my friend about it. He confirmed it and showed me a document. He was telling me that is the plan for 2014. Since we are not under Verizon contract anymore, (we are month to month), I am hoping this will not happen between now and then. I said this was a rumor because I could not get a copy of the document my friend showed me... If you have any kind of contacts at Verizon, please see if you can get information about it from them.
    Last edited by dgstorm; 10-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Today I got some disturbing news from 2 different Verizon stores one showed me Confirmation. I was told although I have unlimited data, by the end of 2014 Verizon will be taking all of it away. Normally I would not believe the guys at the 1st store but they were pushing buying the phone out right other then the edge plan. I found that strange in it self. But since I have mine already ordered at my home store. They had no reason to lie to me. After leaving there I went to my home store where my order is and asked my friend about it he confirmed it and showed a document. He was telling me that is the plan for 2014. Since we are not under Verizon contract any more. We are month to month so I am hoping this will not happen between now and then. I said this was a rumor because I could not get a copy of the document my friend showed me.. If you have any kind of contacts at Verizon see if you can get information about it from them.

Another reason to leave Verizon. Is their coverage great? Sure. Although, it isn't far and beyond better like they used to be. In my opinion, T-mobile is where you want to be in the coming months/years. I switched to them, and it has been great. Data speeds are great, call quality is great, I have yet to drop a call, plan prices are great, and they have all the best phones. And of course...they are friendly to the rooting community
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Looks like I'll be able to get out of the contact I just signed after a year. I'll just jump ship if this goes down.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball" now Free
    pc747 likes this.
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Porterhouse0 View Post
    Another reason to leave Verizon. Is their coverage great? Sure. Although, it isn't far and beyond better like they used to be. In my opinion, T-mobile is where you want to be in the coming months/years. I switched to them, and it has been great. Data speeds are great, call quality is great, I have yet to drop a call, plan prices are great, and they have all the best phones. And of course...they are friendly to the rooting community
    Yes I would leave but they give me the best service in my area. AT&T is horrible, Sprint is just as bad, and T-Mobile is just horrible.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Yes I would leave but they give me the best service in my area. AT&T is horrible, Sprint is just as bad, and T-Mobile is just horrible.

Unfortunately, there will be cases like yourself lol
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    @Chef_Cloutier
    Phone
    LG G2
    I'm waiting to switch to at&t. When at&t gets 4G lte almost everywhere then I may switch but Verizon has too good of 4G LTE right now to pass up for 3G
    LG G2 going so fast that you can't even see it move.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino94 View Post
    I'm waiting to switch to at&t. When at&t gets 4G lte almost everywhere then I may switch but Verizon has too good of 4G LTE right now to pass up for 3G

AT&T's 4G is about the speed of VZW's LTE

To the OP: I will take a look tomorrow when I get to work and see if anything came through today suggesting this is more than a rumor.
    FoxKat likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm looking to switch to T-Mobile soon, hopefully by the end of the month. All these decisions Verizon is making is letting me know I'm making a great decision and at the perfect time. It was nice to have Verizon, but honestly T-Mobile's got great coverage in DFW plus they work inside buildings a little better.

I'm looking forward to all the phones, all the freedom, and all the savings :-D
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Wonder what this means for all of us who just got their unlimited plans extended during last week's supposed glitch?
    Willyammer
    Loving the Note 3 after living the (overheated) Nexus Life after 2 Years of the OG.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Willyammer View Post
    Wonder what this means for all of us who just got their unlimited plans extended during last week's supposed glitch?
    It's a legitimate contract, so you'll get to keep it until the contract expires luckily. But you can bet that they'll kick you off immediately after if they're looking to end unlimited.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Links