DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: (Rumor) Verizon planning To End All Unlimited Data Plans By End Of 2014!

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
    Yeah, even if a suit was won, it would probably be something like $20 and 3 months of unlimited. I got a notice once or twice that I was part of a class action suit that was won and what I got was something like $20 off my next bill. I never joined the suit and didn't even know it existed. I don't remember what company(s) it was, as it was a few years ago. A suit would either go nowhere or be insignificant.
    There was the Verizon one where your receipt had the last 4 numbers of your credit card. That one got a choice of a free corded earpiece or 100 free text messages. The next one was being charged $1.99 for data you didn't use. Every month I'd call them, they'd credit me the $1.99 but when the suit was settled they knocked the amount charged over the years off again. I tried to tell them they didn't owe it (since I was always on the phone wanting my refund I found it only fitting to let them know when they messed up the other way). They said they had no choice but to refund again. I don't remember what the last one was but they gave me the choice to join or not and I declined. All I remember was it didn't affect me.
    I was in a suit without knowing once with Sears and they ended up sending me a check for under $2 because I had closed my account years prior and they couldn't apply it to the balance. That was something about how they charged interest on their credit cards.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Noteate
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Nobody sued AT&T, or nobody won anything, when they did this.

Just accept it, IF it ever happens, and move on.
    Except that AT&T isn't MAKING people give up their unlimited or telling them if they sign a new contract unlimited goes away, they just don't offer it any longer.
    Last edited by jackiescivic; 10-12-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    Except that AT&T isn't MAKING people give up their unlimited ...
    Who has VZW made give-up their unlimited data?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Well for one me. I was ready for an update and if I got a new phone and then signed up for a new 2 year contract I would lose unlimited data. I was able to keep it by buying my phone out right.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    S4
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    Well for one me. I was ready for an update and if I got a new phone and then signed up for a new 2 year contract I would lose unlimited data. I was able to keep it by buying my phone out right.

You were "made' to give it up because you entered into a new contract with a subsidized phone...Basically the contract was they will give you a phone at a cheaper than retail price, in return, you have to be binding to the contract. You weren't forced into it, you choose the situation. If you wanted the phone cheaper, then you had to give up unlimited.

What Kodiak was asking, i believe, was who has Verizon forced to give it up unlimited, outside of a new contract?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Semantics, if I wanted a new phone I would lose unlimited data. As about the phone being subsidized you actually pay full price for the phone over the two year contract.
    You are right nobody put a gun to my head, it was my choice.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Who has VZW made give-up their unlimited data?
    Who has AT&T made give-up their unlimited data?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    My main concern would be getting locked into a contract of a carrier with spotty service/dropped calls....or buying a phone full-retail that I can't take back to VZW or somewhere else.

I can survive no problem on 1 gig of data...just have to be careful when I travel (or spend an extra 10 bucks for another gig in months I travel).

I just can't be sympathetic to the arguments and complaining when only about 3 years ago you had to really, really try to go over 2 gigs in a month. Even the vast, vast majority of complainers would not be overly put out or inconvenienced to adjust their usage habits.
    My plan would be to sign up for the new service prior to ending my Verizon contract. There is always a grace period for new service. It it didn't work for me then I'd keep Verizon as a last resort.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnytheK View Post
    So, in other words, VZW did NOT make you give up you your unlimited data...
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    So, in other words, VZW did NOT make you give up you your unlimited data...
    So in other words I was.

something to think about.

by Marguerite Reardon
    March 8, 2013 12:00 AM PST

I've got news for you, Ask Maggie readers. The cell phone toting public in the U.S. has been hoodwinked into continuing to pay high service fees on devices even after we have paid for the devices in full.

Wireless operators tell us their expensive early termination fees are to recoup the subsidy paid for our phones if we leave the service before our contracts expire. That may be so. But why doesn't the price of our monthly services get reduced once that subsidy is paid? This is the question I answer in this edition of Ask Maggie. But before you get too angry, I have good news. There is one service provider out there who sees the justice in slashing service fees once devices are paid for. And with any luck, others may follow in the future.

Last edited by JohnnytheK; 10-13-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links