DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How I Payed $299 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

How I Payed $299 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!

How I Payed 9 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!-screen-shot-2013-09-28-10.00.07-pm.png

The photo above is my order confirmation. This is proof that there is in fact a glitch in the upgrade system at VerizonWireless.com. At first i went to VZW.com, logged in, selected shop, and selected the phone. This would not allow me to keep my old plan, but instead was forcing me to select a shared data plan. I then went to the My Verizon tab, Selected Upgrade Device, Then I chose the line to update, then I chose the Galaxy Note 3, then it displayed my current plan with a green check labled "keep your plan". I went through the rest of the order process, verifying that it maintained my plan. When I confirmed the order, I received the email above.

I am not sure if Verizon is doing this on purpose to keep their unlimited users from switching, or if this is just a glitch. I am currently out of contract, and have been considering a move to Sprint where they are promising unlimited data for life. This upgrade was enough for me to extend my contract another 2 years.
    Carol_in_FL and dgstorm like this.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X

Where does it state you keep unlimited data?

From what iCan read the only thing refering to data is RTR unlimited data....
  4. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member
    The FamFriends Family and Friends 10 SmartPack is the same plan I have had since I was with Alltel
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Yes, I can confirm that this is working like DroidModderX said because I just did the same thing -- I pre-ordered 2 Galaxy Note 3's as upgrades for myself and my son and was able to keep my current unlimited data plan.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i went through all the steps but did not purchase and by the pics i have posted below you can see it is possible

http://bit.ly/16KqmWC
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    This is pretty sweet if i was still with verizon and i still had my unlimited data this would have done me wonders.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Expect VZW to close this loophole quickly. Although perhaps it exists so reps can retain a low/moderate user of unlimited data.

Hopefully you guys won't be hassled, either in VZW trying to take away your unlimited after the fact or demanding you pay full retail to keep it. Technically their ability to do so is probably buried in the fine print somewhere. But VZW is unlikely to want to make waves teeing off a handful of users for VZW's own mistake.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    VZW GNex
    Your plan is better than mine and I pay way more without unlimited data, mainly because I have international calls.

Glad for the guys who can use this, but for me as soon as my contract ends I bid my farewell to Verizon
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    The more this is reported the higher chance you have of Verizon seeing it before October 10th. I'm sure Verizon has a way to put a hold on all pre-orders done this way and say either you pay up or we cancel the order. Plus i'm sure that there is not a huge % of people that still have their unlimited plans that they didn't even think of this as an option in their system to look for.
    Last edited by New2u; 09-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this as I was pretty much 100% set on switching to something like Sprint when my contract runs out in December. This MIGHT get me to stay on Verizon assuming it's not a glitch but intentional. Then again, I get terrible reception in my neighborhood as it is and I pay almost $200, so I was looking for a change (and something cheaper) so we'll see how things go until then.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links