DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How I Payed $299 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ Froyo
    I spoke with two different Verizon Rep last night, They both confirmed it was available for a very limited time. Neither knew how long it would be open.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I was just going through the steps to pre order and noticed something that may be an issue. On the last page where it lists the features, next to unlimited email and web it has personal email listed. I wonder if you connect to a corporate email server if they can drop your unlimited? This does not do me much good if I cannot use my work email.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I also have the talk and text $20 discount. Has anyone done the upgrade that can verify we don't lose it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    If you're a "moderate" unlimited user, there's another option: apparently the Max plan no longer requires enrolling in Edge, which means you don't have to do the "new-every-6-months-at-full-price" (or year) payment plan. In other words, you can keep pretty much everything as-is, while switching into a 6GB capped plan for $30. If I understand correctly, you then get back the option buy new-every-two at subsidized prices. Last I heard you simply need to go into a corporate store and ask for it (it wasn't formally announced).

See my post here:

[Deal Alert] Best Buy & Amazon Have the VZW HTC One for $50 New or Renewed Contract

and jackiescivic's response here:

[Deal Alert] Best Buy & Amazon Have the VZW HTC One for $50 New or Renewed Contract

-Matt
    Meaning of gadgetrants:
    (1) Goes on rants about gadgets
    (2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    When I tried this both last night and this morning, I just get a blank screen when it connects to the Iconic portal. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I already have a preorder pending on a Note 3 at full retail. I have tried this on both the line where the preorder was made on, and transferring that line's upgrade to a different line.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    I just preordered 2 note 3s and even used the edge program and kept unlimited data

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    pc747 likes this.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    I was also able to upgrade my phone and keep my unlimited. I just went to 'my verizon home' and completed the upgrade as normal.

At first i could not get it to work with the note 3. I talked to the verizon rep online and they said it was due to my existing note 3 pre-order. After canceling the preorder with her online I was able buy the note 3 at the discounted price (see attached image)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How I Payed 9 To PreOrder The Galaxy Note 3 And Kept Unlimited Data!-upgrade.png  
    -Andrew Calcutt
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I was going to try and wait for the 64GB version to come around, but i'd rather not pass this deal up. If it does come around, I could just sell the 32GB version and buy the 64GB version full retail, if I felt it was necessary.

***EDIT***

According to : Droid Life

You can also use the "VERIZON30" discount when keeping your unlimited data. For phones that are not pre-order you should be able to put in a promo code immediately at the checkout section, but for pre-orders it will not allow you to put in a promo code anywhere. The GNote3 is eligible for this discount, but you have to call and have them input your order manually. They can add the unlimited data for phone upgrades for right now, not sure how much longer it will last. If you have already put through a phone upgrade and pre-ordered your GNote 3, you would have to cancel your order and have them put it in manually, there is a risk to this because if they cancel your order and Verizon has fixed it so you can't get unlimited data anymore then you are out of luck. (If you pre-order if from a store location i'm sure it can be done on the spot also.)
    Last edited by New2u; 09-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    I just preordered 2 note 3s and even used the edge program and kept unlimited data

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    AFAIK Edge doesn't bump you out of unlimited. It just means you're enrolled in a new purchase program, in which you pay full cost for a phone in monthly installments -- the same price as any other "grandfathered" unlimited plan folks, except we pay in full up-front -- and then have the option of trading it in for a new phone once half of your current phone (e.g., like $300) is paid off.

EDIT: but in reference to my earlier post, when Max was announced ($30 for 6GB), enrollees were required to use Edge too (meaning: full price on phones). I think the new twist is that you can enroll in Max and pay subsidized/upgrade prices instead. For some people that may be worthwhile, for others (e.g., first-day early adopters), not so much.

-Matt
    Last edited by gadgetrants; 09-29-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Meaning of gadgetrants:
    (1) Goes on rants about gadgets
    (2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I just upgraded successfully. Psyched! Although it is sad that we have to be excited about keeping something we already have.

Thanks!!! DroidModderX for letting us know about this option!
    Last edited by Willyammer; 09-29-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Willyammer
    Loving the Note 3 after living the (overheated) Nexus Life after 2 Years of the OG.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links