DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm
  • 1 Post By combatmedic870
  • 1 Post By Sal R.
  • 1 Post By pc747

Thread: Samsung Announces a Gold-colored Galaxy S4

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Announces a Gold-colored Galaxy S4

Ever since Apple announced their shiny new champagne/gold-colored iPhone 5S it looks like everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon. Recently, a rumored gold-colored HTC One started popping up online. Now, Samsung sent out an official Tweet and Facebook announcement that they will be bringing out a gold-colored Galaxy S4 device.

There will actually be two different versions, a Gold Pink or Gold Brown. Samsung is showing them off first in its United Arab Emirates social media outlets. It is possible that neither of these will actually reach wide distribution and may be intended for only specific markets. Of course, we will keep you updated with any new info as it arrises. Share in the thread if you would be interested in one of these?

(Scaramanga can't catch a break... everyone wants to be "The Man with the Golden Gun/Phone.")

Source: GalaxyS4Forums.net
    Last edited by dgstorm; 09-25-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    pc747 likes this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Nooooooooooooooooo! For the love of god.....

This gold hype needs to stop!
    akhenax likes this.
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Yeah, I don't think that this'll have the same effect.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Ever since Apple announced their shiny new champagne/gold-colored iPhone 5S it looks like everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon. Recently, a rumored gold-colored HTC One started popping up online. Now, Samsung sent out an official Tweet and Facebook announcement that they will be bringing out a gold-colored Galaxy S4 device.

There will actually be two different versions, a Gold Pink or Gold Brown. Samsung is showing them off first in its United Arab Emirates social media outlets. It is possible that neither of these will actually reach wide distribution and may be intended for only specific markets. Of course, we will keep you updated with any new info as it arrises. Share in the thread if you would be interested in one of these?

(Scaramanga can't catch a break... everyone wants to be "The Man with the Golden Gun/Phone.")

Man you beat me to this story by...well looks like an hour .

FAST!!!!

as far as this "gold" thing goes it was a matter of time. I know a dude about to buy a gold iphone 5s and I ask why since you going to keep it in an otterbox any way..but hey people get gold fever. And manufacturers are taking that to the bank.
    dgstorm likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Ghetto. Just plain ghetto. Put a bright flashing blue light on it and it'll sell a million more.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8, Glass XE 2.0
    I'll give ya 50 cent.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    They should have called their current model "Platinum Edition" and saved some money on parts.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I love Samsung, but making a gold plastic phone is straight tacky. iPhone fanboys are laughing hysterically at this shameless reach.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    i just replaced all the brass hardware in the house that was built in 1980s. sadam hussien also had gold toilets and ak47, now he's dead. don't they know that gold/brass went out of styles decades ago? NASTY ghetto style.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx

Links