DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nexus 5 Possibly Spotted in FCC Filing; LG D820 with Snapdragon 800 & 5-Inch Display

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2027 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Nexus 5 Possibly Spotted in FCC Filing; LG D820 with Snapdragon 800 & 5-Inch Display

Just a few days ago Google announced that the next iteration of Android would be 4.4 and would be called KitKat. At the same time they launched a video of Googlers erecting the KitKat Android statue in front of Google HQ. The most intriguing thing in the video turned out to be a brief moment in which you can see two Googlers taking pics with an unreleased Nexus phone of some kind. This obviously lead to the speculation that this was in fact the Nexus 5 which we might be seeing very soon this Fall.

Now there is more fuel to add this Nexus 5 speculative fire. An FCC filing from LG for a previously unannounced device just passed muster. The device in the filing is called the LG D820 and it comes packed with a Snapdragon 800 processor from Qualcomm and a 5-inch display. That's not all the evidence. As you can see in the pics of above, the general shape and positioning of the camera lines up perfectly with the Nexus devices we saw in the Google video. It seems almost obvious that this will be the next generation Nexus smartphone.

Here are a few more details shared from the FCC filing:
    • NFC
    • Qi wireless charging
    • Unusual assortment of radios - supported networks: T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint (HSPA, CDMA, LTE) with the usual pentaband GSM radios ó no mention of Verizonís LTE (Band 13)
    • 2,300mAh battery

What do you think of these clues? Does it seem likely to you that we are seeing the first glimpses of the next Nexus?

Source: Phandroid
    wicked likes this.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    No Verizon LTE, no care.
    trestevenson and Dusty like this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    VZW GNex
    Battery cover is not supposed to be removed...
    Why? So far the only acceptable reason to have a fixed battery is if it is waterproof like the new sony line
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I would have a tough time going with a smaller display and a REALLY tough time going back to a small battery. Plugging in every day and a half to two days rules!
    pc747 likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    I would have a tough time going with a smaller display and a REALLY tough time going back to a small battery. Plugging in every day and a half to two days rules!
    Which phone do you get that great of battery life with? This is something that has become extremely important to me. I like my GNex but it's beginning to lag like crazy and the battery life is terrible. I charge AT MINIMUM 2-3 times every day, and my battery lasts 8ish hours at best.

I hope you aren't talking about the Note, though. I can't stand the idea of carrying around a big screen HDTV in my pocket all day...
    WestOkid likes this.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    Which phone do you get that great of battery life with? This is something that has become extremely important to me. I like my GNex but it's beginning to lag like crazy and the battery life is terrible. I charge AT MINIMUM 2-3 times every day, and my battery lasts 8ish hours at best.

I hope you aren't talking about the Note, though. I can't stand the idea of carrying around a big screen HDTV in my pocket all day...
    It's the Note! The phone really isnt that big, it's pretty thin and light...far from an HDTV
    pc747 likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post

Unfortunately, his member info says note 2 and not many phones with a screen larger than 5". I agree with you though about the gnex. I'm itching for a new phone. I make it most of the days on 1 charge, but it does seem laggy.
    Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I came from the Nexus which I loved. I just put an aosp themed rom on the Note and it's a WAY better and WAY badder version of the GNex! Dont fight it, ignite it!
    UltraDroid likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    The s4 has great battery life
    Ashrock31
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Well that pretty much seals it for me, down to LGG2 or Sony.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links