DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: My initial Moto X experience

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Man I am torn. I ordered a white one today with the $60 off promo code. For $139 I had to at least order one, but not sure if I want to keep it or not. Will be here tomorrow morning so I have a decision to make.

Have really been liking my S4, but I do enjoy the stock experience of my Nexus 7 and would like to see the same in my phone.

The camera on the S4 is really nice but I don't think the one on the X would be bad enough to deter me away. I might have a problem as others do with the screen, I do love just looking at my phone because the screen is so great.

Like others I use Nova and have no lag problems, simply rooted running stock other than that. I hate being a slave to new technology.
    jntdroid likes this.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    Man I am torn. I ordered a white one today with the $60 off promo code. For $139 I had to at least order one, but not sure if I want to keep it or not. Will be here tomorrow morning so I have a decision to make.

Have really been liking my S4, but I do enjoy the stock experience of my Nexus 7 and would like to see the same in my phone.

The camera on the S4 is really nice but I don't think the one on the X would be bad enough to deter me away. I might have a problem as others do with the screen, I do love just looking at my phone because the screen is so great.

Like others I use Nova and have no lag problems, simply rooted running stock other than that. I hate being a slave to new technology.
    Right there with ya sydman! Love my s4 but live the latest and greatest! Might have to try the x as well. Let me know what ya think!

Galaxy S4!!!
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Mind sharing the $60 off promo code?????
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    788 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post
    Mind sharing the $60 off promo code?????
    I'm not sure if still working

Verizon Moto X Now Available Online for $200 On Contract; Plus $60 Off Coupon Codes
    Verizon Moto X Now Available Online for $200 On Contract; Plus $60 Off Coupon Codes

N2 tap'd HD
    akhenax likes this.
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Well it is here. Charging now, have not turned it on. Feels really nice in the hand, though I am kind of wishing I ordered the black one. The white was has some visible "stuff" that can be seen under the back cover, my OCD will drive me crazy on that one.

Still not sure what to do with this thing. If I decide to keep it I might use my 14 day return to take it back and get black instead.

Will see how I like the phone after letting it charge and powering it on.
    jamjr74 likes this.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Well it is here. Charging now, have not turned it on. Feels really nice in the hand, though I am kind of wishing I ordered the black one. The white was has some visible "stuff" that can be seen under the back cover, my OCD will drive me crazy on that one.

Still not sure what to do with this thing. If I decide to keep it I might use my 14 day return to take it back and get black instead.

I've had one in my Verizon cart and have almost checked out twice. Haha so indecisive!

Galaxy S4!!!
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member

Can't wait to hear about it!
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    I love the simplicity of the Moto X. I chose the S4 instead right after the announcement though, mainly because of the delayed release and lack of customization from VZW.

On my S4 I've been running CM10.1 (and now CM 10.2) with DynamicDisplay and I can't see picking the Moto X at this point. The ONLY things that I want from the Moto X now are the "OK, Google" always listening Google now and trusted bluetooth devices that allows a lock screen bypass when connected. I think I probably only have a few weeks to wait before devs port those features over. I'm averaging 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy-moderate use until my battery drops to 30%-15%. Under heavy strain and wifi tethering my S4 gets 9 hours. I just can't complain about my S4 and I don't regret choosing it over the Moto X, which is weird because I wanted the Moto X so badly.
    jntdroid likes this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    I love the simplicity of the Moto X. I chose the S4 instead right after the announcement though, mainly because of the delayed release and lack of customization from VZW.

On my S4 I've been running CM10.1 (and now CM 10.2) with DynamicDisplay and I can't see picking the Moto X at this point. The ONLY things that I want from the Moto X now are the "OK, Google" always listening Google now and trusted bluetooth devices that allows a lock screen bypass when connected. I think I probably only have a few weeks to wait before devs port those features over. I'm averaging 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy-moderate use until my battery drops to 30%-15%. Under heavy strain and wifi tethering my S4 gets 9 hours. I just can't complain about my S4 and I don't regret choosing it over the Moto X, which is weird because I wanted the Moto X so badly.
    How is the S4's camera on CM? Is it worse than running Touchwiz?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    How is the S4's camera on CM? Is it worse than running Touchwiz?
    I am curious about this too, when I had CM 10.1 on the July nightly builds that was my only complaint was the camera was terrible. That is why I have been running stock TW. I have not seen any of the 10.2 builds, so if that is addressed that might take away my need for the Moto X. Who's camera is its only downside as well.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links