DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC One on Verizon Launch Moved Back to August 15th

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

HTC One on Verizon Launch Moved Back to August 15th

As if it weren't already far too long to come to Verizon, the launch of the new HTC One has been pushed back yet again for Big Red. Originally the "runmint" suggested it would launch on August 1st. Unfortunately, the newest insider info suggests that date has been moved to August 15th.

It doesn't look like the device holds much priority for Verizon. Of course, with the new Droid series and the upcoming launch of the Moto X tomorrow, it's understandable. It still doesn't make sense that they didn't launch this phone much sooner. We will keep an eye out for more details.

Source: Droid-Life
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    And by the time it comes out, it will be "last gen", but Verizon will still blame HTC for not being able to deliver quality phones, thus offering less HTC phones in the future. Good job, Verizon. You're very good at doing everything wrong.

Why can't I leave you?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Looks like HTC has pissed in Verizons cereal , the Incredible was the only Verizon HTC device that made them any money, every other iteration has been a huge failure from HTC, so Verizon is treating them accordingly. The DNA again failed because of small storage with no micro SD expansion and lousy battery, biggest reason for the device not selling like it should have, nice big 1080p screen, fast processor, and they cripple the device, and the HTC One will have the same fate, yes it has a nice metal body, but it's shortcomings will ultimately be it's demise, as we can see with HTC's recent quarterly statements on the minus side.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by WishRyder View Post
    And by the time it comes out, it will be "last gen", but Verizon will still blame HTC for not being able to deliver quality phones, thus offering less HTC phones in the future. Good job, Verizon. You're very good at doing everything wrong.

Why can't I leave you?
    Don't blame Verizon on this one, HTC has failed miserably, for quite some time now, and when companies like Verizon are stuck with excessive inventory time and time again with certain manufacturers phones, they will not treat them well, if you ever ran a business you would understand.
    Last edited by cybertec69; 07-31-2013 at 10:18 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Don't blame Verizon on this one, HTC has failed miserably, for quite some time now, and when companies like Verizon are stuck with excessive inventory time and time again with certain manufacturers phones, they will not treat them well, if you ever ran a business you would understand.
    Oh, I'm not letting HTC off without fault. They make some poor choices when it comes to cutting features. However, Verizon fails time and time again to capitalize on any positive buzz HTC has going for it. Verizon is constantly behind the curve, HTC, Motorola, or otherwise. The One, for example, was selling quite well and picked up a number of awards. Now the little buzz it had has died down and nobody cares. Verizon needs to realize that in the smartphone arena, "fashionably late" doesn't apply.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by WishRyder View Post
    Oh, I'm not letting HTC off without fault. They make some poor choices when it comes to cutting features. However, Verizon fails time and time again to capitalize on any positive buzz HTC has going for it. Verizon is constantly behind the curve, HTC, Motorola, or otherwise. The One, for example, was selling quite well and picked up a number of awards. Now the little buzz it had has died down and nobody cares. Verizon needs to realize that in the smartphone arena, "fashionably late" doesn't apply.
    It's not Verizon that is behind the curve but HTC, reason for Verizon not taking on the One was because they had and still have a boat load of the DNA inventory to unload, because HTC came out with a nice phone after years of crap does not mean Verizon should eat all the inventory still in their system, a device that had and still has great specs but lousy battery and no storage expansion, reason for the poor sales, Verizon is running a business not a charity. Especially with the way the market is saturated with high end phones as it is, there is no reason for Verizon to take on another HTC device when they are still stocking a similar speced device from the same manufacturer. If I was Verizon I would do the same thing. Companies will stock your merchandize as long as it is profitable, and HTC has had just to many failures recently to trust them like other manufacturers, I am sure AT&T has not been happy with the failed Facebook phone, why should a company waste advertising dollars on a product that has slim returns, when they can use those same advertising dollars to promote a successful and profitable product like the S4 and S3 before it, and Note 2 and soon the Note 3. And now that Motorola has new devices that Verizon is familiar with they will get more love, in the business world you get love when your partners make profit.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by cybertec69; 07-31-2013 at 01:33 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    It's not Verizon that is behind the curve but HTC, reason for Verizon not taking on the One was because they had and still have a boat load of the DNA inventory to unload, because HTC came out with a nice phone after years of crap does not mean Verizon should eat all the inventory still in their system, a device that had and still has great specs but lousy battery and no storage expansion, reason for the poor sales, Verizon is running a business not a charity. Especially with the way the market is saturated with high end phones as it is, there is no reason for Verizon to take on another HTC device when they are still stocking a similar speced device from the same manufacturer. If I was Verizon I would do the same thing. Companies will stock your merchandize as long as it is profitable, and HTC has had just to many failures recently to trust them like other manufacturers, I am sure AT&T has not been happy with the failed Facebook phone, why should a company waste advertising dollars on a product that has slim returns, when they can use those same advertising dollars to promote a successful and profitable product like the S4 and S3 before it, and Note 2 and soon the Note 3. And now that Motorola has new devices that Verizon is familiar with they will get more love, in the business world you get love when your partners make profit.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that's part of the problem. You're right. Verizon has no obligation to release a product, but in this case, they still are. Why is Verizon even bothering to release the phone at this point, especially given the track record? The HTC One has been out for a while now (in smartphone time), and it's going to be another failed launch for Verizon, and a loss for HTC. If they wanted any kind of turnaround, they should have released it when it was fresh, along with the other carriers, or not release it at all.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    The DNA is showing out of stock again. Maybe they finally ran out?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    The Incredible2 actually did pretty decent on Verizon... and then it never got that ICS Update that HTC promised and it whithered on the vine. HTC is dropping the ball here IMO... not VZW. (Although VZW is surely not without blame).
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Lol at all the HTC hate out there because a specific phone wasn't orange zebra striped with 10 sd card slots or God forbid it has sense. I don't disagree that HTC has has its problem & made some poor design decisions, but they also have has some stellar products along the way. The biggest problem has been advertising & market timing. Verizon controls a big part of the market, so late releases & poorly advertised releases have crippled HTC over the last 2 years. That's probably both HTC's and Verizon's fault.

Just look at when the Razr came out 2 years ago. Big red blasted 5x the ads for that over the Rezound & Nexus. Other than battery life, it had the least specs of the three phones but had the most sales. Gee, I wonder why.

There are probably more android sheep than I-sheep nowadays, and unfortunately they are the ones that buy based on tv ads rather than doing actual research.
    WishRyder, ultrab6 and kodiak799 like this.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links