DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Exclusive Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Might be Coming to Verizon

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Exclusive Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Might be Coming to Verizon

The rugged and water-resistant Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has thus far has been an AT&T exclusive. However, we have heard industry rumors that the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active might just break its exclusivity and come to Verizon. Insider sources familiar with the matter have indicated it is a distinct possibility we will see the SGS4 Active come to Big Red in the coming months. Nothing is confirmed yet, but we will keep an eye out to let you know if it turns out to be true. For reference here's a spec recap on the phone,
    • 5" 1080x1920 pixels Full HD LCD display
    • 9mm thin
    • Quad-core 1.9 GHz processor
    • 2 GB of RAM
    • 8 MP camera on the back
    • LTE/HSPA+ radio
    • Infrared beamer
    • 16 GB of internal storage
    • A microSD slot
    • 2600 mAh battery
    • Android 4.2.2 including the latest TouchWiz Nature UX
    • IP67 certification - dust- and water-proof in up to three feet of water up to 30 minutes
    • "Glove Touch" mode - lets you operate the display with mittens on
    • "Aqua Mode" in the camera app interface - for taking better underwater pictures and video
    • Also, you can Long-press the volume key up, and a powerful LED light becomes a flashlight
    • The same volume rocker can be pushed down to use as a camera shutter key directly from locked mode

What do you guys think? Do any of our Verizon members have an active enough life-style that would make this phone extra useful?
    Last edited by dgstorm; 06-28-2013 at 10:44 AM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I like the fact that it is waterproof, and my wife will be up for an upgrade in November, but they lost her at 8mp camera. You'd think that they would have kept the same one from the regular S4 for underwater pictures.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankwylde View Post
    I like the fact that it is waterproof, and my wife will be up for an upgrade in November, but they lost her at 8mp camera. You'd think that they would have kept the same one from the regular S4 for underwater pictures.
    More MP doesnt make it a better camera. The 8mp camera might actually be better in low light vs the 13mp, you never know!
    Last edited by combatmedic870; 06-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    jackiescivic likes this.
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    S4
    That handset was made for me. Hurry up, VZW, my Bolt canna' take much more...
    Never let someone else dictate your awesome.

5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by combatmedic870 View Post
    More MP doesnt make it a better camera. The 8mp camera might actually be better in low light vs the 13mp, you never know!
    The camera is NOT better than the 13 megapixel one in the S4, this is the same camera that is in the S3, Samsung just went cheapo on the camera and the screen to make up for the cost of making the phone IPS certified.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    megapixels don't mean anything these days, they only make files larger size.
    jackiescivic likes this.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    This device could actually make me switch from Motorola products. Only downside is that I don't plan on starting a contract with Verizon so I'd have to buy this phone at a higher price.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm not a camera buff. If it takes a picture that I can look at later and tell what I'm looking at I'm a happy camper. Speaking of camper, this would be a great phone for me since I occasionally find myself putting my phone in a ziploc bag to keep it from getting wet when I go camping or riding when there's a chance of rain. Truthfully I'd rather have either the Xperia Z or Z Ultra, but I'd be satisfied with this. While I'm excited to see Samsung offer a waterproof phone with decent specs I wish more manufacturers would follow sony's lead and make their top of the line phones waterproof rather than making a special version.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    megapixels don't mean anything these days, they only make files larger size.
    Megapixels mean everything in terms of clarity and sharpness. It may not on a phone screen but when printing it means a world of difference. And I can't imagine that you would have to many "low light" situations in a pool going only 3 feet down. Everyone that looks at the pics on my phone are amazed at how great the pictures look and how they don't blur too much when zooming in and cropping.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Ask any photographer. They'd take a 5MP image with a top their image sensor over a noisy 25MP image with a mediocre sensor. A grainy 25MP image is garbage. The MP count of the image has no direct effect on image QUALITY. Sensor quality is everything. The less noise in your image, the crisper it will be.

What matters in printing is the DPI of the image at the given size of the print. The industry standard for print images is 300DPI which is the limit of human vision. Unless you're printing poster sized images megapixels are overrated.
    Last edited by Dusty; 06-28-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links