DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wireless Charging On Your Galaxy S4 In 20 Seconds!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

Wireless Charging On Your Galaxy S4 In 20 Seconds!

Name:  63778d1371098160t-wireless-charging-your-sgs4-20-seconds-img_20130612_181947.jpg
Views: 5291
Size:  10.3 KBName:  63780d1371098183t-wireless-charging-your-sgs4-20-seconds-img_20130612_183508.jpg
Views: 3689
Size:  11.1 KBName:  63781d1371098195t-wireless-charging-your-sgs4-20-seconds-img_20130612_183707.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  7.8 KB

Nothing is cooler than wireless charging. Here is a little known fact that even I didn't know until I came upon an awesome review by Droid Forums Moderator "MandyMakesApps", the Galaxy S4 is Wireless Charging "Capable" not Wireless Charging "Equiped". This bodes well for Samsung stock holders as this makes the purchase of their wireless charging back and wireless charging pad ($90) seem to be a pretty good buy. As Mandy stated I feel like there may have been a bit of deception in Samsung's marketing.

You don't have to shell out crazy cash to get wireless charging on your Galaxy S4. Apparently there is a stick on wireless charging receiver module by Qi that can be had for only $12. Once that is installed you can grab a used wireless charging pad on ebay for a reasonable price or use one that you already have.

Mandy has put together a great writeup on how all of this works and how exactly it is used. There are also some tips for how to apply this to your Galaxy S4! Check out her full writeup at the link below!

Wireless Charging on your SGS4 in 20 seconds.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid3
    You go Mandy.

-Matt
    Dalvik_Cache likes this.
    Meaning of gadgetrants:
    (1) Goes on rants about gadgets
    (2) Gadgets put him in a trants (er...um, trance)
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Our newest Mod gets front page press. Awesome! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Dalvik_Cache likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 2
    Wonder if there is something like this for the Note 2. I want wireless charging but I don't want to have to take off the back cover or cut holes in it.
    One thing 127 Hours has taught me; Never forget the Swiss Army Knife, leave the "Cheap Made in China multi-tool" home.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    There are these same tags for the Note 2, but it only works with the AT&T or international version. Those versions have the wireless charging contacts accessible. With the Verizon Note 2, you have to cut a piece of the case out to access the wireless charging contacts.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    There are these same tags for the Note 2, but it only works with the AT&T or international version. Those versions have the wireless charging contacts accessible. With the Verizon Note 2, you have to cut a piece of the case out to access the wireless charging contacts.
    Very interesting...so they included the feature on the MOBO, but deliberately covered it with case material. Well...just goes to show you that licensing can play a HUGE role in who does what where.

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Ditto. I want that for my nexus, but am not crazy about soldering and cutting on these crazy expensive devices!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    Very interesting...so they included the feature on the MOBO, but deliberately covered it with case material. Well...just goes to show you that licensing can play a HUGE role in who does what where.
    Yes. If you look at a Note 2 from AT&T just to the right of the battery compartment is a notch in the case that reveals the two contacts for the wireless charging. But if you look at the Note 2 from Verizon in the same location, the contacts are missing and it is all plastic.
    FoxKat and trestevenson like this.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2290 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Diabolical. Reminds me of early Copiers, where certain "features" were not "installed" on the lower end models, and if you wanted to add them, they were at a premium and required a service call to "install" them. Truth was all the features of the top of the line model, were on all models down to the economy version, all the technician had to do was flip a couple dip switches and the "features" suddenly came alive.

"Professor FoxKat"
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Reminds me of the old floppy disks where you'd have to cut a simple notch in the side and you'd double their capacity.

Then we'd walk to school in the snow, up hill both ways, while fighting bears using our pencils. God I'm old.
    FoxKat and combatmedic870 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links