DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Coming October with a New Nexus & the Moto X Phone

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2078 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Coming October with a New Nexus & the Moto X Phone

At Google I/O this year, Google focused on developers for Android, and because of this they left some things out of the conference, most notably any new Nexus device and/or Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie. It was probably a strategic decision to hold off until later, as well as give Google more time to refine and polish the next iteration of Android. Of course that leaves us wondering when Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie will finally hit the ground running, but we haven't heard a peep about that really... until today.

Just this morning the media was tipped that Google will probably be launching Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie in October. The news tip also shared some details about the requirements for the OS, and that it will probably be coming on a new Nexus device. Additionally, this timeframe pegs the launch to be around the same time as the previously rumored launch of the Moto X Phone. Here's a quote with a few of the details,

Although it is not yet clear what introductions an Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie arrival would make, latest reports have suggested the OS improvement will be back compatible with all manner of current Android handsets.

Said to demand system requirements of just 512MB of RAM, Android 5.0 could soon find its way to all manner of mid-range handsets and not just the high-end likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Citing unnamed sources, VR-Zone has suggested the next Android OS could be as much about uniformity across all screen sizes and handset abilities as it is introducing new features.

Tipped to hit with a new Nexus smartphone, recent Google Nexus 5 rumours have suggested the repeatedly leaked handset will land running a 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD display alongside a speedy 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor.

With a reported 3GB of RAM and a 3300mAh Lithium-Polymer battery in tow, the Google Nexus 5 is seemingly set to become the new powerhouse of the smartphone scene.
    It looks like Android fans are going to have a great reason to have a Halloween party!

Source: AndroidTablets.net via TrustedReviews
    wicked likes this.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Wow, that would be one mean Nexus!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I guess it would be too much to hope for a good/official update for devices who have reached EOL. I hope there's a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. My heart did skip a beat when I read this, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    LOL, I knew we would see that oddball 3gigs of ram - it's more than 2, but it's not 4!

Also, needing 512megs of ram would likely only be backward compatible with devices running stock Android. Any phone with a mfr UI probably wouldn't cut it, if they'd even push an update in the first place.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't care how much RAM or what kind of processor is in the next Nexus (although those are looking mighty fine) as long as the damn things supports LTE I will be happy.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
    From the OG Droid to a Droid Bionic to Galaxy S3 and back to a Moto X.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    No mention of an SD card, likely because there isn't one
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I just need to hold out for 4 months...I can do this...
    dgstorm and combatmedic870 like this.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtra Big Kahuna View Post
    I don't care how much RAM or what kind of processor is in the next Nexus (although those are looking mighty fine) as long as the damn things supports LTE I will be happy.
    If it doesn't,Ill save you a seat on the Tmo train.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    No mention of an SD card, likely because there isn't one
    Are you surprised?
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

At Google I/O this year, Google focused on developers for Android, and because of this they left some things out of the conference, most notably any new Nexus device and/or Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie. It was probably a strategic decision to hold off until later, as well as give Google more time to refine and polish the next iteration of Android. Of course that leaves us wondering when Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie will finally hit the ground running, but we haven't heard a peep about that really... until today.

Just this morning the media was tipped that Google will probably be launching Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie in October. The news tip also shared some details about the requirements for the OS, and that it will probably be coming on a new Nexus device. Additionally, this timeframe pegs the launch to be around the same time as the previously rumored launch of the Moto X Phone. Here's a quote with a few of the details,

It looks like Android fans are going to have a great reason to have a Halloween party!

Source: AndroidTablets.net via TrustedReviews
    Can I dress up as an Iphone?
    dgstorm and combatmedic870 like this.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links