Wow, what a crazy day we had yesterday! The pre-E3 festivities kicked off with Microsoft's press conference, outlining their future plans for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Without further ado, let's break down what Microsoft had to offer.
- Xbox 360 has been redesigned again. Quieter, smaller, on sale now
- Beginning July 1st and running through to the launch of Xbox One, Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers will get two free games per month starting with Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3
- Release Date is set for November
- $499, no details on extra sku's
- Partnering with Twitch for live streaming on Xbox One
- The first DLC for Battlefield 4 will launch first on Xbox One
- Marketplace is going to list things using real dollar amounts, no more Microsoft Points
- Exclusive titles include: Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, D4, Project Spark, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall(XB1, 360, PC), Halo 5, & Below
- Key demos and trailers shown during the conference include: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, Forza 5, Quantum Break, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Witcher 3, & Project Spark
Those are the cliff notes, ladies and gents! All in all, I thought it was a solid event. It was MUCH more focused this time around on what is most important - the games! And they brought them all in full-force. The most intriguing thing I saw was the new "Drivatar" feature in Forza 5 that uses cloud computing to replace the standard car AI with that of your friends and other players online. The cars you are racing against will use the same behavior and tactics as that of real players. Sounds really interesting! For the full press conference, check out the video below!
For more discussions on the Xbox ONE be sure to check out our site dedicated to the XBox ONE